bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
Anyone have any advice for handling this radar is red and kinda raw, dry, scaly by his incision. We were at the vet on Saturday and she cleaned it really good so not sure if that is affecting it. Should I put something on it?
b27b96b0f6b618c2435c1f627f5c9bb2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Have you asked the vet? I'm sure it's going to be irritated for awhile but not sure how long, I'd think it would take a while.

OP
bengardradar

bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
I did I sent her a picture after hours and am waiting for her response should be soon but with all of the knowledge here thought I would ask

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That's great to hear, I tagged some people that might know because I really am not sure.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Have no experience at all so hoping those here w/knowledge or
your Vet will answer soon. I send love & prayers for all.

OP
bengardradar

bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
It's kinda warm warmer then the rest of his belly

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I don't have any experience with this either. When Blossom was spayed, she had an incision in her tummy and it was a little red as it healed and it got dry and flakey as well as it was healing. I put some Polysporin on it and it healed up nice in about a week. Radars incision is much bigger and more invasive so I would ask the vet first to see if it is okay to put anything on it. Another thing that might help is to soak the area in warm water and Epsom Salts, but again I would ask the vet first. It may be a good idea for the vet to assess the redness as well to make sure it's from just normal healing or if it is infected, in which case he would need some antibiotics. I hope he's okay. Please keep us posted.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
It's hard to tell by the photo,it doesn't look infected-but maybe you have heard from your vet by now. If you had some Vit E oil, or olive oil, I would gently rub some on the dry red spot-but don't put anything on the stitches, unless the Dr. has told you to.

OP
bengardradar

bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
I haven't heard from vet I am gonna wait till I hear from her to do anything. I am so surprised I haven't heard from her

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It does look irritated, I would keep a good eye on it, you have a current photo so you can see if it starts getting bigger or angry looking compared to now.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=10290]bengardradar[/MENTION] Have you spoken to the vet/wondering how Radar is today? Praying for you all.

OP
bengardradar

bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
@bengardradar Have you spoken to the vet/wondering how Radar is today? Praying for you all.

I talked to the vet this morning, she thinks that it is part her cleaning it and the healing process -- there is nothing coming out of it or his incision, we are going to watch it this week and put a little neosporine on it, we have an appointment on Saturday to check his incision so we are going to watch it and make sure it doesn't get any worse. He is still on an antibiotic after coming home from the hospital so that should catch any infection.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I talked to the vet this morning, she thinks that it is part her cleaning it and the healing process -- there is nothing coming out of it or his incision, we are going to watch it this week and put a little neosporine on it, we have an appointment on Saturday to check his incision so we are going to watch it and make sure it doesn't get any worse. He is still on an antibiotic after coming home from the hospital so that should catch any infection.

That's good to hear, hopefully it will continue to heal. :pray:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Just got on and came straight here to check on Vet's advice.

Thankfully...great news, no seepage from incision, Woo Hoo!

Sending mad LOVE to Radar & his Family along w/ Prayers :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online