Levi and car riding

lmmorgan726

Sep 15, 2014
Country
en_US
Bulldog(s) Names
Levi
In the mornings he acts like he wants to go with me to drop my son off at school. He runs out the front door with us goes straight to the car and jumps in (or waits for me to help him-- depending on his mood ). Then he pants all the way there and back. Ant thoughts or suggestions??

... https://vimeo.com/135861409

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have to agree it has to be the excitement level that or the heat, only thing you could do is to keep him inside.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
he is one happy camper.... just very excited!

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Panting isn't necessarily a sign of overheating - he's just thrilled that he gets to come! No need to worry as long as it's not hot in the car!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Overly excited! If you have the time you can try to teach him that he only can get in to the car when calm...if you have the time...it may take some time for the penny to drop when he is this excited...

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
his breathing doesn't really sound labored, the airways are clear (no gurgling or phlegm in the way). Lola comes with me for a car ride when I'm taken to the train station in the mornings. She's clearly not as excited, though. Neither am I, I am on my way to work after all.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Three of my dogs will act like this in the car-they love to go in the car, and then pant the whole time. One is totally laid back and just sits there. It always worries me,but I know it is excitement. I put the A/c on as high as it can go! Panting for happy!!

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Bella LOVES riding in the car!!! I'm grateful because I previously owned a dog who was terrified of being in the car. That is super inconvenient!

Bella stands up in the seat, looking around for a party, every time she gets in the car. I have to tell her to sit down, so that we can safely drive. She eventually lays her head on my arm and goes to sleep. It's nice to have a happy traveling buddy.

KatieToth

Julius-K9 Sales Representative
Jun 7, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Noah Jack
Probably just overly excited. I know probably the trip to school there sand back in a short period, but I think using a car harness would be a very good decision. Looking at how easily bullies can pull, twist or sprain their body parts, it could be risky to ride without anything on. Even if it is just a sudden stop at a red light or anything. I was suggesting something out of caring. :)

OP
L

lmmorgan726

Sep 15, 2014
Country
en_US
Bulldog(s) Names
Levi
Thank you all!! [MENTION=14316]KatieToth[/MENTION]... I totally agree about the harness... Will look in to those. Levi sure loves to ride!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KatieToth

Julius-K9 Sales Representative
Jun 7, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Noah Jack
We have an IDC harness and it has a seat belt adopter attached to it in the car. it is super easy and it is a lot safer than just having my baby all around.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online