Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bentley is acting weird.....Help?

Bully Bootie Duty Become a 4 Paw Member KristaB026's Avatar
    Real Name
    Krista
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bentley is acting weird.....Help?

@TyTysmom Thanks Jessica! I was thinking of everyone too. I wish we could have chatted about something more fun that an ER trip. I took a long weekend vacation with my parents last week. We were in Tennessee and North Carolina. Last year we bought my dad a NASCAR racing experience package for his 50th birthday. We stopped in our favorite city, Nashville. Other than the tourist traps I also experienced Gatlinburg for the first time, ugh.... the mountains were so beautiful.

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KristaB026 View Post
    Hey all! We ended up at the emergency vet last night. Here is the story. So after I got off the website for a bit, Bentley was just resting. This was between 10-and 11 P.M for us I think? Then at around 2 a.m. He woke back up, so normally I got up and figured lets take a potty break in our backyard...and see how he's doing. Well, when we came back in after only a few minutes I got ready to wash him off. That when I noticed that his legs were all bumpy, and his tummy. At first I only saw three bumps on the side of his back. So after checking him over I knew that the bumps had not so much gotten bigger, but that there was more of them and these ones were like quarter size! So Mama freak out moment. I've been trying to stay on top of everything in case there is ever an emergency. Well, I looked by his neck and face and it was normal so I knew he wasn't going to have trouble breathing, But I also thought that if he has more bumps than only 2-4 hours ago what is going to happen if we stay home? So I took him in.

The claritin I gave him earlier was vet recommended and I have keep the paperwork. I was told my the er vet tonight that it is more for respiratory allergies. Which was what we had dealt with in July, Not a reverse sneeze. His lungs were checked out, everything was fine except it sounded like he had flem in is throat once in a while. SO now I know that not all allergy medicine is the same........

Anyway, they asked me if Bentley had walked through any ant areas that night. I felt so bad right away because on our way up to our yard I noticed that a patch of our grass looked really dark like it was dirt. Nope. Ants. So obviously when I checked it out, my baby boy was there with me!!!! Ugh! They gave him a stronger does of Benadryl and since it was late they sent me home with some. I would have given him some earlier when he only had a few bumps, but again I thought the claritin acted the same way.

He's better today, bumps are very little and going away. He's acting like himself too. I was told to watch out for vomit and diarrhea and they want me to give him a bland diet for three days. So I donno, maybe it was an emergancy, maybe it wasn't but I wasn't going to wait around to find out. I just mostly feel bad about it all.

Well...don't! My 1st bully, Brutus (in my sig. line) broke out in hives early am too
    (don't they all?) and I freaked out! Was shaking so hard could barely type to EBN.
    God bless them, 4 or 5 members answered right away, did not make me feel stupid,
    told me how much to give & other Benedryl info. I'd never had to give it to any of the
    many dogs I'd had so I was sure his throat was going to swell shut!

You just never know and yes, it could've been worse so good for you to be proactive!
    Group hugs

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

3. Likes Cali Doll, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Glad you got the sweet guy taken care of. These bullies! They are not for the faint of heart, that's for sure! Give baby boy a squeeze from me.
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

IG: @bellatheenglishbully

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads