Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Another update:

(I hope you guys don't mind the constant updates, but it helps me to have all this info in one place. lol)

They did the xrays today. Two doctors looked at them, and they don't see anything irregular. They did make note of a small shadow on the elbow, but the doctor said that it could be nothing. The xrays were sent to the radiologist, who will review them and have a better diagnosis. I feel really good about getting the xrays. If nothing else, it gives me peace of mind. It crushes me when I see her limp. She's just a baby! Anyway, knowing that we had xrays done will keep me from thinking it's something terrible.

They should have the radiologists thoughts within a day or so.

They told me to give her the Rimadyl tonight and again Saturday night, and see how she does during the days after that. Of course, also keeping her pretty inactive.

In 6 weeks (or however long I keep her inactive), she's really going to hate me. LOL! Keep in mind, I still have to clean her tight tail pocket everyday. She runs from me when I have the treats and cotton balls in hand. AHHHHHHHH! I might need a drink... (Sorry! :blush2:)

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Another update:

(I hope you guys don't mind the constant updates, but it helps me to have all this info in one place. lol)

They did the xrays today. Two doctors looked at them, and they don't see anything irregular. They did make note of a small shadow on the elbow, but the doctor said that it could be nothing. The xrays were sent to the radiologist, who will review them and have a better diagnosis. I feel really good about getting the xrays. If nothing else, it gives me peace of mind. It crushes me when I see her limp. She's just a baby! Anyway, knowing that we had xrays done will keep me from thinking it's something terrible.

They told me to give her the Rimadyl tonight and again Saturday night, and see how she does during the days after that. Of course, also keeping her pretty inactive.

In 6 weeks (or however long I keep her inactive), she's really going to hate me. LOL! Keep in mind, I still have to clean her tight tail pocket everyday. She runs from me when I have the treats and cotton balls in hand. AHHHHHHHH! I might need a drink... (Sorry! :blush2:)

excellent update. Good News.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I hope and pray that she'll accept the fact that she can't run around, thank you for these updates. ;)

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Another update:

this made me lol, Bass runs the second I get out the cotton balls, Q-tips and destine! He is not a fan of nose rope/tail pocket maintenance either.
My love to sweet Bella!

NicosMom

Jan 23, 2015
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Nico & Lexi (RIP Tia 6/08-5/19)
My 7 year old female had TPLO surgery a few months ago and the orthopedic surgeon highly recommended Nutramax Dasuquin with MSM for the rest her life. I ordered it off of Amazon and she recovered very well and is not limping at all. I think this stuff really helped her.

On a side note: Since he said to order off of Amazon, it doesn't seem he could be getting a kick-back, so I felt more confident trying it since it is expensive.

Hope Bella feels better soon.[h=2][/h]

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
My 7 year old female had TPLO surgery a few months ago and the orthopedic surgeon highly recommended Nutramax Dasuquin with MSM for the rest her life. I ordered it off of Amazon and she recovered very well and is not limping at all. I think this stuff really helped her.

On a side note: Since he said to order off of Amazon, it doesn't seem he could be getting a kick-back, so I felt more confident trying it since it is expensive.

Hope Bella feels better soon.

Good tip! Thank you!

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Radiologists report. Some of it is over my head, but the gist seems to be to have her rest, keep her inactive.

image.jpg

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
This is great news. We had the same thing with Abbott, he would limp but then get better. He was worse after rough play so we went for an xray then our vet sent us for s second opinion, turned out to be early arthritis in his rear knees.So we are doing the laser therapy and Adequan injections twice a week for a month.The vet told us to put him on Dasaquin supplements.. Said there's a web site called NSF that tells you the best products. Your baby will be just fine I'm sure of it ;)

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
This is great news. We had the same thing with Abbott, he would limp but then get better. He was worse after rough play so we went for an xray then our vet sent us for s second opinion, turned out to be early arthritis in his rear knees.So we are doing the laser therapy and Adequan injections twice a week for a month.The vet told us to put him on Dasaquin supplements.. Said there's a web site called NSF that tells you the best products. Your baby will be just fine I'm sure of it ;)

That sounds exactly like Bella. She limps after vigorous play. Thank you!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Good thing that there wasn't anything in the X-rays, then it most likely is soft tissue injury. Arthritis usually acts up most after rest not after exercise, that is the biggest difference. Just try to keep her calm, I know difficult for an active pup. Maybe you could teach her some tricks. Brain work gets them tired quicker that physical exercise.

Members online

No members online now.