Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Glad I already moved the pups off of the Merricks a few months back. No way would I buy from anyone associated with the Purina brand.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Giving Purina to a dog is the equivalent of a person eating a Big Mac. Sure there's "some" beef in it, but it's mostly man made crap
And both have the same nutritional value.. meaning, none.

When I was doing pet shows with our Life's Abundance business, I was astounded by the garbage people feed their dogs. We always open the conversation with the question, "What do you feed your pet?" This was frequently answered with, "the cheapest thing I can find at Wal-Mart" or "Kibbles and Bits" or some awful product that was about 50% corn. We referred to Kibble and Bits as "Twinkies for dogs" based on the amount of sugar in it.

we we just started Mabel on Life's Abundance's new grain free formula. She's going crazy! So much energy!

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Thanks for this post , as we are thinking of a change from First Mate to Go, Both Canadian made dog foods.
First Mate rated 3 star here .
Go rated 6 star here
Both similar in price both carried by our local Pet store ( we live in a very rural area and First Mate for example is brought in only for us ) ) We also have 4 dogs at present but a new Bullie pup coming in Sept. We also have a Cane Corso, Siberian Husky, 10 yr old Bullie and a Malamute/lab mix.
I considered Merrick a good brand but like you Purina is not aloud near the property has not for years , again thanks for this topic
Nat

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks for this post , as we are thinking of a change from First Mate to Go, Both Canadian made dog foods.
First Mate rated 3 star here .
Go rated 6 star here
Both similar in price both carried by our local Pet store ( we live in a very rural area and First Mate for example is brought in only for us ) ) We also have 4 dogs at present but a new Bullie pup coming in Sept. We also have a Cane Corso, Siberian Husky, 10 yr old Bullie and a Malamute/lab mix.
I considered Merrick a good brand but like you Purina is not aloud near the property has not for years , again thanks for this topic
Nat

Congrats on the new puppy! WE need photos when you can :2thumbs:

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
i have a dog with food allergies and many of them.. she can only have limited ingredients natural balance lamb and rice.. i have noticed a lot more dog food coming saying lamb and rice only and i tried them and she would start scratching.. my vet told me just because they say lamb and rice does not mean it is all.. the companys are allowed to say lamb and rice are main ingredients as long as it is at least 50 percent.. to me that is false advertisement.. so now i read the labels alot more closely..

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
i do want to mention also that i work for a company that makes a product and has a customer that specifies one product come from a different plant because of the plant where we make it they don't like.. so what the company does is make it at ours but puts other company s labels on it.. so im sure that is what will happen with merrick and purina.. i wouldn't trust them.. not after i see how other places do it..

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I feed Frankie Merrick, and I am switching him over to what Brutus is eating. I really liked Merrick and Frankie did great on it, but I do not trust it anymore either. I could not feed my baby crap!

Members online

No members online now.