Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
Upon learning that Purina was taking over Merrick, I was really bothered! I told my husband that we were making a switch that we weren't buying one more bag. I just don't understand. A company with such a high quality food thinking it's a step FORWARD to partner with Purina. Anyways, I emailed the company. Here is the conversation:

MY EMAIL: "I have had my English Bulldog on your Grain Free food for several years now. He loves the food and is healthier than ever. I thought I was going to be a customer for life but unfortunately, this is no longer possible. I am very disappointed to hear about your merge with Purina. I do not feel comfortable having this company overseeing the decisions you make for your products. I will regrettably be purchasing another food. With Purina working with you, I can no longer trust the Merrick name."

THEIR RESPONSE: "Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We certainly love hearing that your English Bulldog is doing so well on Merrick. We want to assure you that Merrick will continue to operate independently using the same quality China free ingredients in our recipes. This will not change and certainly hope you will allow us to prove this to you over the coming weeks and months. Please let us know if we can answer any other questions & have a great week."

P.S. I think it's funny that they knew one of the problems I had with Purina was their China ingredients and it wasn't even mentioned in my email to them. How can they operate independently with Purina having the final say in their decisions? Now, I am debating between Wellness Core Wild Game or Nature's Variety Instinct.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well done!! and I'm super surprised they responded to your email, this merger changes everything with Merrick no matter what they say!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Think how many people still feed Purina?!?!?!? Even if a group of smart people stop feeding Merrick, they will have endless resources of one of the biggest company's in the world Nestlé Purina...As of 2012, it is the second-largest pet food company globally and the largest in the United States.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:bravo:

Bet of luck in the new search.... although, I do not feed Merrick, I was so disappointed to see this announcement as I do (did) see them as one of the more highly rated

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Check this out....quite interesting how the biggest companys in the world sell the :poo:st pet foods in the world. The biggest companys are from the US and still they use cheap chinese :poo: to make their expensive:poo:. That's business for you.

Get in-depth with the Top 10 global petfood players

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Nice, at least they responded. I have put in 2 calls, and an email to Stella & Chewy's after their recall made Tyson sick. Still not response....

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
11825701_10153536213099726_4503013627234217748_n.jpgMy god what I found from our local store....It's a dog food that costs about 15 dollars 33lbs. It says in the bottom..." Sisältää lihaa"....." meaning there's meat in it...all 8% is from animals, so not just meat eather..... Manufactured by Purina....

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Giving Purina to a dog is the equivalent of a person eating a Big Mac. Sure there's "some" beef in it, but it's mostly man made crap
And both have the same nutritional value.. meaning, none.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
View attachment 89822My god what I found from our local store....It's a dog food that costs about 15 dollars 33lbs. It says in the bottom..." Sisältää lihaa"....." meaning there's meat in it...all 8% is from animals, so not just meat eather..... Manufactured by Purina....

GROWL..... :angry:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
View attachment 89822My god what I found from our local store....It's a dog food that costs about 15 dollars 33lbs. It says in the bottom..." Sisältää lihaa"....." meaning there's meat in it...all 8% is from animals, so not just meat eather..... Manufactured by Purina....

8%!!! :faint:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online