2hillkids

Apr 30, 2015
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Lola is now 24 weeks and is she growing fast. I have learned a lot from this site so Thanks!! My question is why is she shedding so much? I know her food can have a lot to do with it. When we first got her she was on Royal Canine. We recently switched her to Nature's Instinct. (3 weeks ago) I will vacuum my rug and with in hours it is covered. I'm surprised she has any hair/fur left. We brush her often. She gets a bath with gentle oatmeal puppy shampoo once every other week. We use wipes for normal daily cleaning on her wrinkles and other places if she needs it. I would love to hear any suggestions you may have.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Could be she is 'blowing her coat' happens twice a year

bully602

Sep 8, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chapo/Cheena/Chevy
The only thing that has reduced the amount of shedding for my dogs was adding coconut oil to their diet, that and FROMM food has also helped, my car used to be COVERED by hair, now it's only a little bit lol

OP
2hillkids

2hillkids

Apr 30, 2015
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
I never heard of "blowing coats". Interesting. Good to know. I will introduce some coconut oil to her diet and see if that helps. I do believe we will be changing her food to Fromm once we are done with this bag. I have read a lot of people on here feed their bully's that. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
They do blow their coat twice a year, but some just shed more than others.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Yes, some bullies really shed while others, not so much.
Food can make a difference but not always & she may slow
down in shedding as she gets older.

Took Cami to Vet Monday (she's 7) and when we finished
the Techs swooped handfuls of hair off the steel table.

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Extra virgin or organic coconut oil worked wonders for Bubba and my other two! It cut down the shedding tremendously!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@2hillkids

I give mine a tbsp of extra virgin olive oil in their food once a day. They don't shed too bad, considering that there are 4 in the house. I have found over the years that
short haired dogs actually shed worse than long haired, and I think white short,sheds the most! If you brush a long hair twice a year and get a mountain of hair-that lasts for quite a while. Short hairs seem to shed all the time-but I know the ev o oil has really helped-and they don't have dry skin. just my thoughts.......observation. The furminator
for short hair(original-not knock-off) works well,too. Just smooth the wrinkles when you use it!

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Welcome to the club! Since I got Izzy (white and brindle) I also purchased a hand held vaccuum at Walmart and the famous Roomba at Costco! I live in an apartment (960+ sqft) and I pretty much need to empty my Roomba tray daily. I schedule the robot to vaccum 1x day from Monday - Friday.

Izzy eats Fromm... I add coconut oil... I use the Furminator on her. Oatmeal shampoo... you name it! Never had a dog that sheds this much. My car back seat is all her fur!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.