Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=10290]bengardradar[/MENTION] We all know you have, and will do the best for Radar. Have you ever asked WHY this keeps happening?.It does sound awfully strange,unless Radar's bone is not strong enough to hold the screws.Or the vet is a screwup. If you can,and if there is an Ortho vet in your area, I would get a second opinion. It actually all comes down
to how much you trust the veterinarian you are using. With my vet, I would totally trust his opinion. We are all praying for you and Radar. You both have been through so much and you must be exhausted. GOD Bless you, and what ever you decide, we know it will be the right thing. We know you have gone above and beyond to help the boy.
:pray::pray::pray::pray::assurred::assurred::assurred::assurred::assurred:

OP
bengardradar

bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
I have asked the doctor why and he does not know I have blamed myself for the first 3 ride home or turn to fast for a noise outside his crate pad etc but this time he was at the vet I think his bone is just swiss cheese and couldn't take the new screws. I am going to get a second opinion. Maybe I am dumb but I trust the Dr his partner works in ortho so i am sure radars case has been discussed but I will double check. We went to see him today he looks awful like he has aged 5 years and the wrap on his leg and nt being able to move broke my heart. He has been through so much and I have tried to do what's best for him this whole time and it hasn't fixed a darn thing. I just want his pain to go away

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Just going to send you all lots of hugs and prayers---- :hug:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Wrapping my arms tightly around you as you cry some of your frustration out,
EBN is here for you, Amy, and will stay here with you. Since they can't give an
explanation then, in my mind, they don't deserve to be paid, I wouldn't. There
must be a State Office/State Board that Vets are accountable to, I'd would ask
for an investigation into Radar's case. Everyone deserves accountability, they
seem to be taking NONE for any of this mess & have no answers either, it's not
acceptable!

Again, Amy, what can ANY of us do except trust in the 'experts' advice & skills.
Radar & your family deserve this from them and more, how do you see it as
your fault? When my 1st bully died at the Vets clinic after undergoing teeth
cleaning, that Vet did not charge me for it even tho it was unknown why Brutus
died. All proper bloodwork & labs were done prior, looked fine and he came to
after the procedure and died after, in his crate, waiting for me to pick him up.
It was 5 months after losing my beloved husband, a sudden death too. He was
just 52 & died in front of me at the ER of massive heart attack, on the waiting
room floor. Telling you this because I could have blamed myself for so many
details of their deaths but honestly, it was awful enough and almost impossible
to get thru without doing that to myself. Don't do it to yourself, Amy, you do the
best you can do with all the love you have for them, gather your strength to fight
and deal with the results, it will take all you have just to do that. Keep moving
forward, one day at a time, if you've got the resources, get a 2nd opinion then do
what's best for Radar so he can heal and get home to y'all. He can & will recover,
so will y'all, life just isn't fair to some of us, in fact, it can be hell on earth and so
f-ing NOT deserved!

Thank you for updating us, you can't imagine how dear your Radar has become to
EBN, how hard we're praying for him & your family. I send love, hope & strength
to Radar & each one of you <3

OP
bengardradar

bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
Wrapping my arms tightly around you as you cry some of your frustration out,
EBN is here for you, Amy, and will stay here with you. Since they can't give an
explanation then, in my mind, they don't deserve to be paid, I wouldn't. There
must be a State Office/State Board that Vets are accountable to, I'd would ask
for an investigation into Radar's case. Everyone deserves accountability, they
seem to be taking NONE for any of this mess & have no answers either, it's not
acceptable!

Again, Amy, what can ANY of us do except trust in the 'experts' advice & skills.
Radar & your family deserve this from them and more, how do you see it as
your fault? When my 1st bully died at the Vets clinic after undergoing teeth
cleaning, that Vet did not charge me for it even tho it was unknown why Brutus
died. All proper bloodwork & labs were done prior, looked fine and he came to
after the procedure and died after, in his crate, waiting for me to pick him up.
It was 5 months after losing my beloved husband, a sudden death too. He was
just 52 & died in front of me at the ER of massive heart attack, on the waiting
room floor. Telling you this because I could have blamed myself for so many
details of their deaths but honestly, it was awful enough and almost impossible
to get thru without doing that to myself. Don't do it to yourself, Amy, you do the
best you can do with all the love you have for them, gather your strength to fight
and deal with the results, it will take all you have just to do that. Keep moving
forward, one day at a time, if you've got the resources, get a 2nd opinion then do
what's best for Radar so he can heal and get home to y'all. He can & will recover,
so will y'all, life just isn't fair to some of us, in fact, it can be hell on earth and so
f-ing NOT deserved!

Thank you for updating us, you can't imagine how dear your Radar has become to
EBN, how hard we're praying for him & your family. I send love, hope & strength
to Radar & each one of you <3
Carol thank you for all your kind words. Dr has been good with all of this we paid for surgery 1 and only med an maybe some boarding for the last 2 surgeries he has taken the hearts of everyone at the clinic. I have a call into doc for more answers so will keep you updated

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
bengardradar

bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
Update: I have been on the phone all morning with the surgeon, another surgeon in the office and our regular vet. The other surgeon in the office has looked at the x rays and says he can see no indication that anything was done wrong, he suspects radars bone isn't strong enough to hold the screws. The original surgeon may have told me that but with all the shock it may not have registered. Our regular vet is shocked that he tried so many times, I am stubborn and didn't want to give up on his leg. Through a river of tears and sobs they will be taking radar's leg this afternoon, he has been in pain for so long it is time for it to be over, I could see it in his eyes yesterday when we went to visit. He hasn't been using that leg for quite a few weeks so I am sure he will adjust.

I have cried, soul searched, taken to heart the advice I have gotten here, and ignored the crappy advice I got elsewhere and I am content that we have made the best decision for Radar. It is now time for me to quit beating myself up about what I should have or could have done and what I did or didn't do and concentrate on helping Radar adjust to being a tripawed and having a happy rest of his life and getting the trainer back to build up his confidence.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Update: I have been on the phone all morning with the surgeon, another surgeon in the office and our regular vet. The other surgeon in the office has looked at the x rays and says he can see no indication that anything was done wrong, he suspects radars bone isn't strong enough to hold the screws. The original surgeon may have told me that but with all the shock it may not have registered. Our regular vet is shocked that he tried so many times, I am stubborn and didn't want to give up on his leg. Through a river of tears and sobs they will be taking radar's leg this afternoon, he has been in pain for so long it is time for it to be over, I could see it in his eyes yesterday when we went to visit. He hasn't been using that leg for quite a few weeks so I am sure he will adjust.

I have cried, soul searched, taken to heart the advice I have gotten here, and ignored the crappy advice I got elsewhere and I am content that we have made the best decision for Radar. It is now time for me to quit beating myself up about what I should have or could have done and what I did or didn't do and concentrate on helping Radar adjust to being a tripawed and having a happy rest of his life and getting the trainer back to build up his confidence.

I know I keep typing the same thing, but want you to know how much I am thinking of you all and sending lots of love and prayers to you. Keep you boy a big kiss and hug and get us some pictures of that sweet face

MaMaonStrike

Jul 29, 2015
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
An english Bulldog, Trixie and a pug, Zoey owns ME.
SO Sorry to hear. I've never had to experience this. Trixie, Zoey and I send all the love, good vibes and prayers your way!!

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel

I'm so sorry to hear about Radar. you are doing the best thing for him and he will live a long, happy life without his little leg. He's going to be just fine and so will you once all this is behind you. Sending you lots and lots of prayers and hugs.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm so sorry it's come to this, heavy heavy prayers and positive thoughts for Radar and you. You are a great great mom and have done everything to help him out.

IMG_0662.JPG

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm so sorry to to hear this, but you and Radar will pull through! That is one of the the great things about dogs that they will not wallow in the past, but adjust and be happy when loved and taken care of.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Prayers to you & Radar, he will adjust, and I'm sure he will be so happy to just be back home with his family and out of pain!

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
My thoughts and prayers are with you and Radar.We always try and do what's best for our bullies without second guessing ourselves but they are such a unique and wonderful breed its hard sometimes. You are doing everything right so keep your head up !!! Everyone is sending you positive vibes and love :)

Members online

No members online now.