Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
Well, I've been packing this morning for our trip to see my son in tech school for the Air Force. My EB/basset hound mix couldn't be with me so I've left him crated this morning. He's whined all morning and I thought he just wanted out. I've let him out several times in the yard but put him back in the crate because I have to watch him like a hawk because he devoures every single you he can get ahold of. I've already been doing research on the strongest toys and have started replacing the "edible" ones with gator proof ones. He doesn't just destroy, he eats the toy. I watch is poop and try to make sure everything comes out. Well, I have failed. So, I happen to be i. The kitchen doing dishes when he pukes. I run over (yes I said I ran) to him and get him out because he's trying to eat the food out of it again. I find some not so awesome things in the puke and start grabbing things out of it with my bare hands. Afterward I was like, what I'm the hell is wrong with me, I have gloves that I use to clean and pick up poo and such. So here's what I found... That's a rock, the green things used to be blue. He ate that toy a month ago and I've found several pieces in his poop. The light tan pieces I think was a ball squeaky that he tore out of a toy, red thing is a frisbee piece, tan on the bottom is the squeaky end. The next picture is a live cicada and a piece of cloth. Lord know I'm going through the toys today and tossing everything I think he can eat. The problem is that I had been taking the advertising on the packages seriously when the say for the strongest chewers. Haha, sometimes I havent a clue. I hope he got it all out but somehow I think he didn't. image.jpgimage.jpg

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Oh my! It never fails to amaze me what our dogs will eat. I have a friend whose Golden ate a whole bunch of copper wire. He had to have surgery to get it all out. Winnie swallows pieces of toys too. So far, I think, I hope they have all been pooped out or thrown up. Was the cicada really still alive!? Ewwww!

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
thank god i didn't enlarge the pics before i read the post, i though those were olives and red peppers and pate on the right. ew! what a stinker! honestly how can these dogs survive in the wild eating everything in sight!

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=3225]aprilemari[/MENTION] That's why I grabbed it at first I thought it was an olive. It took me a bit to figure out it was that blue toy because it was green and all the edges were smooth from is stomach acid i assume. It was weird as hell. [MENTION=13140]Donnam[/MENTION] The cicada wasn't still living when I found it but it looked like a toy with a crown or something the way it had been digested you could see the insides of the bug. He eats the heck out of their skin shells he finds but that a first I knew of a live one. I thought he only ate wasps. He has been stung at least 4 times. He's something I tell you.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I'm surprised we're not all in the loony bins by now

or

dead & buried at young ages!

Thank god, he's alive & kicking still ;)

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I've found more amazing thinks in his poo than you'd believe. I'm always watching and listening for the naughty sound of him eating something. It seems I can always tell when he's done something he shouldn't. I'm the only one though, I think. I am always on the look for obstructin signs. I've weeded out so many toys already. He's amazing with is gater jaws, I'm telling you.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:faint:

antlers and marrow bones only for him!!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
OH my word. That is crazy! They are like vacuums! I have to leave the floor spotless when I leave the house.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.