Thread: Rescued a bully from a family member

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cinnamon and Pepper
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Rescued a bully from a family member

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    If you are not using it try --- 'nothing in life is free' with her and take them for walks together --- do not force any interaction for now, keep them separate for a couple days or a week and slowly integrate, and let them get a sense of each other. Walks are your best friend right now to get them to pack up. Winnie may be in pain or scared or she could have a high dominance level that will need you to get a trainer in to help you identify her triggers and body language so you can respond/correct before she makes a more
    Another update. Winnie is still slightly aggressive with the other dogs, and I say slightly because we have always been around to stop it at a growl and a small bite. Most of the time Cinnamon and Pepper hide in another room and we have to force them to come out for almost anything. The wife and I did talk about it and we are not 100% sure we will be able to keep her though. Two dogs was pushing our resources and three is going to really hard. But, we did decide at the very least we are keeping her until she is more social and we can find someone that will give her everything she needs. I absolutely refuse to put her in a shelter. Only time will tell if she will stay with us or not.

I can definitely do the "nothing for free" thing, but as for keeping them separated, that will be almost impossible with the way our house is. The only place we can really keep her is the kitchen area (since it is tiled) and that's where our others go for water and get out to go potty. Unless by separate you mean keep her in her crate a bit more so they can run around the house more.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ltpyro View Post
    Another update. Winnie is still slightly aggressive with the other dogs, and I say slightly because we have always been around to stop it at a growl and a small bite. Most of the time Cinnamon and Pepper hide in another room and we have to force them to come out for almost anything. The wife and I did talk about it and we are not 100% sure we will be able to keep her though. Two dogs was pushing our resources and three is going to really hard. But, we did decide at the very least we are keeping her until she is more social and we can find someone that will give her everything she needs. I absolutely refuse to put her in a shelter. Only time will tell if she will stay with us or not.

I can definitely do the "nothing for free" thing, but as for keeping them separated, that will be almost impossible with the way our house is. The only place we can really keep her is the kitchen area (since it is tiled) and that's where our others go for water and get out to go potty. Unless by separate you mean keep her in her crate a bit more so they can run around the house more.
    maybe keep her on lead till you get her to behave with your two babies? It sounds like it may be dominance and she wants to show them she is lead.... if you can find/afford it, find a trainer to come work in the home with you for a few sessions - it can help you identify her signals and correct before she can do anything. it will also help the other pups know you are lead she is below you
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cinnamon and Pepper
    Likes (Received)

So we had a good night last night. We took 2BullyMama's advise and gave them some more space. the past couple of night we walked them all together, but we decided that last night we would walk them separate so we could do some training drills with Winnie while the other two were out walking and didn't feel like they were missing out on the treats. It worked really good. It gave Winnie something to focus her energy on and all three dogs were wiped out at the end of the night, bonus!!!

4. Likes TyTysmom, 2BullyMama, harveyspecter liked this post
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

So we had a good night last night. We took 2BullyMama's advise and gave them some more space. the past couple of night we walked them all together, but we decided that last night we would walk them separate so we could do some training drills with Winnie while the other two were out walking and didn't feel like they were missing out on the treats. It worked really good. It gave Winnie something to focus her energy on and all three dogs were wiped out at the end of the night, bonus!!!
    GREAT -- stay consistent.... just like toddlers/teenagers... you give an inch they will take the house
    e.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cinnamon and Pepper
    Likes (Received)

Lol they already have the house...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Right on!! i hope this is the beginning on her coming around.

9. Likes harveyspecter liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cinnamon and Pepper
    Likes (Received)

Another good night last night. They actually all ran around the back yard sort of playing together, lol its a start. I think the biggest help right now is keeping them separated unless they want to be together and taking them on walks together. Thanks for all the help so far.

11. Likes g8erjackie, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

great news.
    Hug your bully today

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Another good night last night. They actually all ran around the back yard sort of playing together, lol its a start. I think the biggest help right now is keeping them separated unless they want to be together and taking them on walks together. Thanks for all the help so far.
    Wonderful update, I know that as time slowly passes, it will get better & better - they will all be buddies soon enough

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

That is great news,them running around together! That's a biggie,so soon. Hope the progress keeps up-great job! She's already having a much better life./Dogs can be so forgiving.thanks to people like you!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

If this is dominance related... she will be great outside, then inside the house is when it will show. Great progress... stay consistent. appreciate the update
    e.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads