The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: wife don't like the dog smell

Lol; we don't have carpets and instead have wood floors and tile floors. I got rid of the sofa and loveseat and now we have a metal framed outside loveseat in the livingroom and the girls don't seem to think it is as comfortable as the old one. I have beautiful pillows for company in the garage but unless there is company the pillows are indoor/outdoor pillows. The recliners have water proof covers on them and with backups and they get washed every other day. 3 recliners and an indoor/outdoor loveseat and waxed floors. We dust mop and wet mop daily a quick once through and also don't have any curtains (Amber eats holes through them so we decided on blinds). I have extreme allergies so we have very little extra cloth of any type in our house. LOL; I am almost a minimalist where it comes to owning material things, less is best in our house, it almost looks like an office instead of a house where people live but it is easy to clean and keep up. Good luck!!
    Last edited by dalmatina38; 07-30-2015 at 01:08 PM. Reason: spelling

Bulldog Vet in Training g8erjackie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)

Regular baths help. Also, vacuuming a few times per week to get hair that sheds. There is always going to be some sort of "dog smell" just like we have human smell to dogs.

Real Name
    Tee
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    An english Bulldog, Trixie and a pug, Zoey owns ME.
    Likes (Received)

I too vacuum daily, wash blankets on my furniture often. If they don't like the smell don't come over is what I tell people. Animal lovers, a true one wouldn't mind the smell cause it just shows they live there. She can get room spray that sprays room every so often if she insists the house smells.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Baxter
    Likes (Received)

My problem is Baxter rubbing his face on the carpet and staining it. Anyone have suggestions for this problem?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads