Major pee issue

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
[MENTION=925]wfd38383[/MENTION] I hope he feels better soon. Bear's problem is he is being stubborn, outside he pees on all the trees and rocks. He doesn't release his bladder entirely no matter how long I have him out there. Then he'll hike up and pee on stuff in the house without warning. He has no other symptoms and most on here say its because he isn't fixed. Guinness is still very young, hope it isn't mean to say that I hope its a UTI so your frustration goes away. He is such a sweety!

L

Lucy-licious

even when he goes outside he is stopping to pee multiple times and the final couple times nothing even comes out...poor little guy

I agree! this sounds like a urine infection best to be safe and get it checked, hope he's better soon in the meantime :hug: for both you to ease your frustration and guinness too :hug:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
While I definitely wish it wasn't the case, I agree with it sounding like a UTI. I really think he is still way too young to be marking. Hope everything gets better soon!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
My immediate thought when I read your thread is that it is a UTI ... hope the baby feels better soon!

OP
wfd38383

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
Vet said it was a UTI but can't be sure until the urine analysis comes back. He put Guinness on meds for 7 days. $178 later and i'm home with a sleeping dog...also had rabies shot and another shot and regular monthly check up...just so you don't think my vet is that expensive hahaha

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Glad to hear you got him right in and so he'll be on the mend now. Do you have a carpet cleaner? I would scrub (steam-clean) the rugs where he peed all over, so he won't have the odor attracting him back to those spots.

Bella Cows Mama

Feb 4, 2011
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella Cow
I'm glad he is on the mend. You will notice a difference when the meds start kicking in. I am surprised however that they gave him shots with a compromised immune system :confused:. I'm no vet but I know with my kids, that's usually a big no-no. But then again, as much as I like to think so, dogs are not the same as kids ;).

BabeEnglishBulldog

Feb 17, 2011
You should have the pee check to a vet. There might be problem with the dog's urinary system or worse the nervous system which controls the excretion of urine.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.