wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
So the last two days Guinness has peed EVERWHERE every 10 minutes, even when he hasn't been drinking. Saturday morning he peed the crate for the first time ever, but to his defense I overslept and he was in his crate for 10 1/2 hours so i couldn't blame him for that one. Saturday he peed all over the house without warning. This morning he peed in his crate and he was in his crate the normal 8 hours. This is something he has NEVER done before ever. Then he must have peed in the house 15-20 times today, literally. Every ten minutes just piss wherever he is. He has been constantly sniffing the floor. I don't know what to do with him. I have him locked in his crate right now because he can't stop peeing all over the house. What do I do? Is this something that I should contact a vet about? I'm at a loss, I dont want to let him out his cage for the scare that he pee everywhere, but I feel horrible locking him up

bjsfarm

Jan 12, 2011
Narvon PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Butter Cup, Ellie, Double D & CJ. Jr., Max, Doc & Willie
He might have a urinary track infection, I would take him to the vet first thing in the morning and get him on antibiotics.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh my.... he may be smelling his spots and deciding to start marking. All you can really do about this is continue to focus your pain on the mess.... FREAK OUT about it.... let him know this is NOT acceptable. When you wipe it up on the paper towel/towel, show it to him, by making him smell it. He should turn his head and try to get away from it. Continue to freak out about it. You must make it so that he understands you HATE THIS WITH A PASSION, no ifs and or butts about it. Remember to show most of your anger toward the mess- not him so much. Otherwise he may use it later to get attention (even if it is bad attention!)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh that is possible too [MENTION=1703]bjsfarm[/MENTION]... nice thinking. When you are cleaning up the puddles are they yellow or orange??

OP
wfd38383

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
they are def yellow, could tell on the white couch!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You could take him in to be sure, but usually with a UTI the pee will have blood in it. But maybe it has not gone that far yet. Does he look like he is straining when he goes?

Bella Cows Mama

Feb 4, 2011
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella Cow
I'd bring a urine sample to the vet. Bella did this and she peed every 10 minutes or so and it turned out to be a UTI! Just make sure he's drinking LOTS of water and wake up with him more than usual at night while he is healing. If it is a UTI they will prescribe antibiotics but it took bella almost 2 1/2 weeks for it to be completely out of her system. I would bet money this is what he has too. Keep us update. I hope he feels better soon.

Bella Cows Mama

Feb 4, 2011
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella Cow
BTW. When Bella had her UTI she still peed yellow until she had it for 2 days and blood started to come out too. Then I finally took her in and figured out what it was.

OP
wfd38383

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
luckily there is no blood in it right now..he is sleeping in his crate i will bring him out every few hours to hopefully cut down on the chances he has an accident

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
I hope it gets better. Could be a UTI but my bully is almost a year and he is marking and driving me nuts. I have to watch him constantly.

OP
wfd38383

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
[MENTION=676]mammyglicks[/MENTION] he has never done this before and it's almost like he cannot control it...he isn't spinning in circles or even squating he is just walking around and boom, pee. and it's a little dribble here a little dribble there. even when he goes outside he is stopping to pee multiple times and the final couple times nothing even comes out...poor little guy

bjsfarm

Jan 12, 2011
Narvon PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Butter Cup, Ellie, Double D & CJ. Jr., Max, Doc & Willie
Bulldogs get UTI quicker then most breeds, if his peeing pattern changed quickly, chances are he has an infection. The quicker you get the vet to check his urine the quicker he can heal.

Bella Cows Mama

Feb 4, 2011
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella Cow
[MENTION=676]mammyglicks[/MENTION] he has never done this before and it's almost like he cannot control it...he isn't spinning in circles or even squating he is just walking around and boom, pee. and it's a little dribble here a little dribble there. even when he goes outside he is stopping to pee multiple times and the final couple times nothing even comes out...poor little guy

Definitly sounds like a UTI. You described everything Bella was doing to a T. Please get it checked cause the longer you wait, the further in can travel up into the bladder and other areas.

Bella Cows Mama

Feb 4, 2011
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella Cow
Also, in case you are not sure how to get a urine sample...
Wait till your dog goes to squat and slide a small cake pan or something wide and shallow under while they pee. Then put in a sterile tupperware and bring straight to your vet to get them to run a urine analisis. For me, it cost $25 for the test and then $35 for the antibiotics. Although, prices are different everywheres. Also, make sure to get the urine tested again at the end of antibiotic treatment. Bella had to have another round of antibiotics, but the second round was milder and cheaper...I think $11 or so. Good Luck and I hope he gets better soon.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online