Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Major pee issue

Bulldog(s) Names
    Butter Cup, Ellie, Double D & CJ. Jr., Max, Doc & Willie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Major pee issue

Bulldogs get UTI quicker then most breeds, if his peeing pattern changed quickly, chances are he has an infection. The quicker you get the vet to check his urine the quicker he can heal.
    Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot about Bulldog puppies!!
    BJ's Farm

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella Cow
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by wfd38383 View Post
    @mammyglicks he has never done this before and it's almost like he cannot control it...he isn't spinning in circles or even squating he is just walking around and boom, pee. and it's a little dribble here a little dribble there. even when he goes outside he is stopping to pee multiple times and the final couple times nothing even comes out...poor little guy
    Definitly sounds like a UTI. You described everything Bella was doing to a T. Please get it checked cause the longer you wait, the further in can travel up into the bladder and other areas.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella Cow
    Likes (Received)

Also, in case you are not sure how to get a urine sample...
    Wait till your dog goes to squat and slide a small cake pan or something wide and shallow under while they pee. Then put in a sterile tupperware and bring straight to your vet to get them to run a urine analisis. For me, it cost $25 for the test and then $35 for the antibiotics. Although, prices are different everywheres. Also, make sure to get the urine tested again at the end of antibiotic treatment. Bella had to have another round of antibiotics, but the second round was milder and cheaper...I think $11 or so. Good Luck and I hope he gets better soon.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bear
    Likes (Received)

@wfd38383 I hope he feels better soon. Bear's problem is he is being stubborn, outside he pees on all the trees and rocks. He doesn't release his bladder entirely no matter how long I have him out there. Then he'll hike up and pee on stuff in the house without warning. He has no other symptoms and most on here say its because he isn't fixed. Guinness is still very young, hope it isn't mean to say that I hope its a UTI so your frustration goes away. He is such a sweety!
    I didn't do it

Lucy-licious

Quote Originally Posted by wfd38383 View Post
    even when he goes outside he is stopping to pee multiple times and the final couple times nothing even comes out...poor little guy
    I agree! this sounds like a urine infection best to be safe and get it checked, hope he's better soon in the meantime for both you to ease your frustration and guinness too

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

While I definitely wish it wasn't the case, I agree with it sounding like a UTI. I really think he is still way too young to be marking. Hope everything gets better soon!

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

Awwe! Poor bully! Did he go to the Vet? How are things today?
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

My immediate thought when I read your thread is that it is a UTI ... hope the baby feels better soon!

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Guinness
    Likes (Received)

Vet said it was a UTI but can't be sure until the urine analysis comes back. He put Guinness on meds for 7 days. $178 later and i'm home with a sleeping dog...also had rabies shot and another shot and regular monthly check up...just so you don't think my vet is that expensive hahaha

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

Glad to hear you got him right in and so he'll be on the mend now. Do you have a carpet cleaner? I would scrub (steam-clean) the rugs where he peed all over, so he won't have the odor attracting him back to those spots.

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella Cow
    Likes (Received)

I'm glad he is on the mend. You will notice a difference when the meds start kicking in. I am surprised however that they gave him shots with a compromised immune system . I'm no vet but I know with my kids, that's usually a big no-no. But then again, as much as I like to think so, dogs are not the same as kids .

You should have the pee check to a vet. There might be problem with the dog's urinary system or worse the nervous system which controls the excretion of urine.
    Last edited by BabeEnglishBulldog; 03-06-2011 at 06:28 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads