bully602

Sep 8, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chapo/Cheena/Chevy
Been looking at picking up our 3rd english bulldog, I would like a male. I have been searching around mainly on facebook and anywhere else were I can find a really nice male. Does anyone know why the sudden craze for all these rare colors? Seems like it's getting a little out of hand :yes: Every breeder now(maybe it's just the ones I am finding) are constantly talking about blue this lilac that tri color quadrirainbow purple glitter color lol and they are marking them up 2x the cost just to get this "rare" color, seems like soon enough everyone is going to have a blue bulldog and the rare colors are going to be white lol

Is there a list out there of reputable breeders? I am looking for a male, would like a full solid color and a big head, not really liking these "mini" versions people are putting up, i want a big fat boy

I want something similar to this guy here, doesn't have to be black but looking for a dog that is predominately one color :)

kimbo.PNG

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
It is against our forum rules to post breeder names publicly, so members with recommendations will have to provide that information via PM.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
The "rare" color craze is driving me insane. They're cute sure, but I barely recognize them as Bulldogs. Also, from the research I've done, some of these rare colors go hand in hand with genetic abnormalities.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The "rare" color craze is driving me insane. They're cute sure, but I barely recognize them as Bulldogs. Also, from the research I've done, some of these rare colors go hand in hand with genetic abnormalities.

So totally agree with this and I've read the same thing too about genetics.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You can also search on Bulldog Club of America site or AKC site and then do your homework and research. Good idea to stay away from the 'rare'.... not a good thing at all

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I would rather call them "odd colours"....I was wondering if people want those in other breeds too...I would like to see a brindle poodle....
Also never do they mention that they have DNA tested or done any other tests for for the pups, other than colour.

I was also a little bit amazed to find out that you can even register a dog, other that breed standard, to AKC...Isn't The American Kennel Club an organisation that should some how try to keep the breed standard....can you register mixed also? Since a for example a gray and white bulldog must have some other breed in it.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I would rather call them "odd colours"....I was wondering if people want those in other breeds too...I would like to see a brindle poodle....
Also never do they mention that they have DNA tested or done any other tests for for the pups, other than colour.

I was also a little bit amazed to find out that you can even register a dog, other that breed standard, to AKC...Isn't The American Kennel Club an organisation that should some how try to keep the breed standard....can you register mixed also? Since a for example a gray and white bulldog must have some other breed in it.

Because the AKC is a piece of crap organization. But they don't set the standard, the Bulldog Club of America does here.

Also, I read somewhere that by the 5th generation, these mixed breeds are considered purbred and can be registered with AKC. No idea how true it is but that's what I read.

Worst part about all this is the merle gene that can cause a crap load of health issues.

Anyone breeding for color should be fined, penalized, thrown in jail and castrated! OK, maybe that's going too far.
None the less, these scabs on humanity's *** don't care about the betterment of the breed, all they care about is the money.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
You're being only a little harsh....

Got it. Our Kennel Club is totally different, quite the opposite, even thinking they're controlling the whole world dog breeding...They would never register anything than the breed standard. Then again they take word of the person doing the registering. I know of a white and black bulldog registered as brindle-white....

Because the AKC is a piece of crap organization. But they don't set the standard, the Bulldog Club of America does here.

Also, I read somewhere that by the 5th generation, these mixed breeds are considered purbred and can be registered with AKC. No idea how true it is but that's what I read.

Worst part about all this is the merle gene that can cause a crap load of health issues.

Anyone breeding for color should be fined, penalized, thrown in jail and castrated! OK, maybe that's going too far.
None the less, these scabs on humanity's *** don't care about the betterment of the breed, all they care about is the money.

OP
B

bully602

Sep 8, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chapo/Cheena/Chevy
Ok well I'm glad Im not the only one, if you know of a good breeder that breed big ole fat boys let me know. As far as the colors go, I don't mind them, I think they look pretty cool(didn't know about the gene stuff just solely speaking of the color) but to charge 2x,3x,4x,5x seems a DUMB, some of their heads and body structures seems really weird though too which makes me think something could be wrong with it

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Been looking at picking up our 3rd english bulldog, I would like a male. I have been searching around mainly on facebook and anywhere else were I can find a really nice male. Does anyone know why the sudden craze for all these rare colors? Seems like it's getting a little out of hand :yes: Every breeder now(maybe it's just the ones I am finding) are constantly talking about blue this lilac that tri color quadrirainbow purple glitter color lol and they are marking them up 2x the cost just to get this "rare" color, seems like soon enough everyone is going to have a blue bulldog and the rare colors are going to be white lol

Is there a list out there of reputable breeders? I am looking for a male, would like a full solid color and a big head, not really liking these "mini" versions people are putting up, i want a big fat boy

I want something similar to this guy here, doesn't have to be black but looking for a dog that is predominately one color :)

View attachment 89617

what part of the country are you in?

OP
B

bully602

Sep 8, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chapo/Cheena/Chevy
what part of the country are you in?

I live in Phoenix, Arizona. But I am not opposed to flying anywhere in the US to find the right pup, I have tons and tons of southwest reward points avail :tongue:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

Agreed^^^

You can also search on Bulldog Club of America site or AKC site and then do your homework and research. Good idea to stay away from the 'rare'.... not a good thing at all

Agreed^^^ The BCA website will hopefully have a great show breeder near you.

Agreed^^^ I love the pups, -not their fault, but the breeders are POS!

You're being only a little harsh....

Got it. Our Kennel Club is totally different, quite the opposite, even thinking they're controlling the whole world dog breeding...They would never register anything than the breed standard. Then again they take word of the person doing the registering. I know of a white and black bulldog registered as brindle-white....

Exactly, this is the ONLY way a tri color or any color can register in AKC. Only if they mark a different color, because NONE of those colors are on AKC papers.

Ok well I'm glad Im not the only one, if you know of a good breeder that breed big ole fat boys let me know. As far as the colors go, I don't mind them, I think they look pretty cool(didn't know about the gene stuff just solely speaking of the color) but to charge 2x,3x,4x,5x seems a DUMB, some of their heads and body structures seems really weird though too which makes me think something could be wrong with it

Good luck! Hope you find the pup of your dreams!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online