puppy biting kids

harley 83

Jul 27, 2015
Rome ga
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
zilia
Can someone please help my 6 month old Bulldog is biting my kids can someone tell me how to brake this

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Patience, persistence, consistent and constant redirect to something acceptable to chew on.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
The shark phase is a tough one, but one all bulldog puppy parents go through. Definitely always meet it with a firm "no" and give the puppy something else to chew on. Try tell your kids to be calm about it (as much as possible, I have a 4 month old bully and she puppy bites much worse than my 2.5 year old bully did at that age) -- I've noticed with my nieces and nephews that high pitched kid squeals and giggles just hype up the dogs.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree w/the advice given… have your kids help give him an appropriate chew toy to chew on. If redirection doesn't seem to work (or he is in full ZOOM stage) a time-out in the crate is fine. That way he will understand that biting behavior is NOT acceptable, and when he behaves nicely he can hang out w/his family.

ArJay84

Jul 22, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Millie
Yup, that's a really tough phase. Millie is a little over a year now, and the biting has subsided, but now when we have company, she's all up in their business, jumping on them, flying headbutt, etc. As soon as she does that, it's crate time for a bit. Takes two to three times, but she eventually gets it and calms down a little. It helps that all of our friends are dog owners and know to try to ignore her when she misbehaves.

ldenne

Jul 18, 2015
Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiberius
It's rough we use a lot of distraction with ours and some crate time when needed. We have told our kids to walk away slowly (hard I know for them - there instinct is to run away when he try's to bite) and not get loud, give a firm no. Like another said the higher pitched voice can hype them up more so I have to remind my youngest (8yr girl) to not squeal. Also I have found as a last resort our pup doesn't like water so a water bottle helps with ankle biting when I'm walking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online