Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My dogs are refusing to eat FROMM surf and turf GRRRR any picky brats out there?

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chapo/Cheena/Chevy
    Likes (Received)

Default My dogs are refusing to eat FROMM surf and turf GRRRR any picky brats out there?

My dogs have been eating FROMMS beef frittata for a while now, this week I decided to switch them to FROMMS surf and turf and BOTH of my dogs are refusing to eat it, I even tried mixing some plain greek yogurt in there and coconut oil to entice them and they are not having it, they didn't want to eat all day yesterday I figured one would be picky but to have BOTH of them not want to eat? IF i only had one dog i would of thought they were sick or something but both of them being sick seems highly unlikely. I have ordered another bag of beef frittata but that won't get here till later this week, going to run to the feed store and see if i can find them something I can temporarily feed them until the bag gets here I am scared to go spend more money and them not eat it though, I hope they like chicken veg from forms or maybe a beef alternative from blue wilderness...... UGH!

Anyone go through this?

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: My dogs are refusing to eat FROMM surf and turf GRRRR any picky brats out there?

Yep Ftse is very fuzzy he has gone days without eating used to drive me insane as I thought he was sick all the time but no just a fuzzy little boy he is even fuzzy on treats etc.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Taco & Thor
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: My dogs are refusing to eat FROMM surf and turf GRRRR any picky brats out there?

Taco will hold out sometimes, but with a little something mixed in he will eat it. I switched to beef fritata from pork and peas, and he didn't enjoy it as much.

Bulldog Vet in Training 2bulldogsstuff's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Logan and Brett
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bully602 View Post
    My dogs have been eating FROMMS beef frittata for a while now, this week I decided to switch them to FROMMS surf and turf and BOTH of my dogs are refusing to eat it, I even tried mixing some plain greek yogurt in there and coconut oil to entice them and they are not having it, they didn't want to eat all day yesterday I figured one would be picky but to have BOTH of them not want to eat? IF i only had one dog i would of thought they were sick or something but both of them being sick seems highly unlikely. I have ordered another bag of beef frittata but that won't get here till later this week, going to run to the feed store and see if i can find them something I can temporarily feed them until the bag gets here I am scared to go spend more money and them not eat it though, I hope they like chicken veg from forms or maybe a beef alternative from blue wilderness...... UGH!

Anyone go through this?
    I am right now! With Brett. They both on Pork and peas. Now I've ordered Lamb and Lentil. He isn't too fond with pork and peas now even yogurt. He's almost 9 month old and he's skinny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member Maximus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Patrick
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus
    Likes (Received)

I started Maximus on FROMM "Surf and Turf". He initially liked it, but lost interest in it very quickly. I found it to be way to "greasy". I then put him on a Raw Diet, which didn't last long, because it became to expensive (Nature's Variety Instinct Raw). I went back to FROMM, but at the recommendation of a member on his forum, I switched him to FROMM Pork and Peas, and Lamb and Lentil, and he loves it. I do have both right now, but Maximus really does prefer the FROMM Lamb and Lentil formula.

6. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chapo/Cheena/Chevy
    Likes (Received)

I guess they really are picky or just hate the smell of fish, I had to buy them a temporary bag of blue wilderness beef flavor and they ate it up!!!

8. Likes Mom of Tucker liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Whenever you have an issue like this and do not have their food or one you want available.... do the bland diet for a few days --- less impact on the tummy
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

10. Likes TyTysmom, Mom of Tucker liked this post
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chapo/Cheena/Chevy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Whenever you have an issue like this and do not have their food or one you want available.... do the bland diet for a few days --- less impact on the tummy

Thank you so much

12. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Erin
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

Frank will sometimes get tired of his food randomly, so I will mix in frozen peas or carrots, or some scrambled egg. He always devours it then, the spoiled brat that he is.
    Happiness is a warm bulldog!

14. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Tracy
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Remy
    Likes (Received)

Omg yes! I thought it was only my pup who is a picky eater! Lol. I think ive tried all the flavors from Fromms until I finally decided to give raw diet a try. Now she devours all of her food and then sits around by her bowl with those puppy dog eyes waiting for round two!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

My older boy use to be the pickiest eater ever and that is why we chanced him to raw food. It helped a bit in the beginning, but at about 3 years of age he did a 360*. Now he is really in to his food and always knows when it's feeding time. He will jump like a wild hors when I call him to eat. It's really funny to see.

17. Likes Mom of Tucker liked this post
    Real Name
    Ginger
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tucker & Sophie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RiiSi View Post
    My older boy use to be the pickiest eater ever and that is why we chanced him to raw food. It helped a bit in the beginning, but at about 3 years of age he did a 360*. Now he is really in to his food and always knows when it's feeding time. He will jump like a wild hors when I call him to eat. It's really funny to see.
    I love to ask Tucker if he is hungry! He knows what that means and gets excited. However, Sophie is a chow hound! She has the nose of a bloodhound, and she is always anxious to eat! Fortunately Tucker waits patiently while I give Sophie her food first. I have to feed them in separate rooms because they would both want to eat from the same bowl, and too quickly!

Mom of Tucker AND Sophie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads