My dogs are refusing to eat FROMM surf and turf GRRRR any picky brats out there?

bully602

Sep 8, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chapo/Cheena/Chevy
My dogs have been eating FROMMS beef frittata for a while now, this week I decided to switch them to FROMMS surf and turf and BOTH of my dogs are refusing to eat it, I even tried mixing some plain greek yogurt in there and coconut oil to entice them and they are not having it, they didn't want to eat all day yesterday :sneaky2: I figured one would be picky but to have BOTH of them not want to eat? IF i only had one dog i would of thought they were sick or something but both of them being sick seems highly unlikely. I have ordered another bag of beef frittata but that won't get here till later this week, going to run to the feed store and see if i can find them something I can temporarily feed them until the bag gets here :( I am scared to go spend more money and them not eat it though, I hope they like chicken veg from forms or maybe a beef alternative from blue wilderness...... UGH!

Anyone go through this?

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Yep Ftse is very fuzzy he has gone days without eating used to drive me insane as I thought he was sick all the time but no just a fuzzy little boy he is even fuzzy on treats etc.

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
Taco will hold out sometimes, but with a little something mixed in he will eat it. I switched to beef fritata from pork and peas, and he didn't enjoy it as much.

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
My dogs have been eating FROMMS beef frittata for a while now, this week I decided to switch them to FROMMS surf and turf and BOTH of my dogs are refusing to eat it, I even tried mixing some plain greek yogurt in there and coconut oil to entice them and they are not having it, they didn't want to eat all day yesterday :sneaky2: I figured one would be picky but to have BOTH of them not want to eat? IF i only had one dog i would of thought they were sick or something but both of them being sick seems highly unlikely. I have ordered another bag of beef frittata but that won't get here till later this week, going to run to the feed store and see if i can find them something I can temporarily feed them until the bag gets here :( I am scared to go spend more money and them not eat it though, I hope they like chicken veg from forms or maybe a beef alternative from blue wilderness...... UGH!

Anyone go through this?

I am right now! With Brett. They both on Pork and peas. Now I've ordered Lamb and Lentil. He isn't too fond with pork and peas now even yogurt. He's almost 9 month old and he's skinny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
I started Maximus on FROMM "Surf and Turf". He initially liked it, but lost interest in it very quickly. I found it to be way to "greasy". I then put him on a Raw Diet, which didn't last long, because it became to expensive (Nature's Variety Instinct Raw). I went back to FROMM, but at the recommendation of a member on his forum, I switched him to FROMM Pork and Peas, and Lamb and Lentil, and he loves it. I do have both right now, but Maximus really does prefer the FROMM Lamb and Lentil formula.

OP
B

bully602

Sep 8, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chapo/Cheena/Chevy
I guess they really are picky or just hate the smell of fish, I had to buy them a temporary bag of blue wilderness beef flavor and they ate it up!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Whenever you have an issue like this and do not have their food or one you want available.... do the bland diet for a few days --- less impact on the tummy :D

OP
B

bully602

Sep 8, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chapo/Cheena/Chevy
Whenever you have an issue like this and do not have their food or one you want available.... do the bland diet for a few days --- less impact on the tummy :D

Thank you so much

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Frank will sometimes get tired of his food randomly, so I will mix in frozen peas or carrots, or some scrambled egg. He always devours it then, the spoiled brat that he is. :tongue:

Tracy361

Oct 13, 2014
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Remy
Omg yes! I thought it was only my pup who is a picky eater! Lol. I think ive tried all the flavors from Fromms until I finally decided to give raw diet a try. Now she devours all of her food and then sits around by her bowl with those puppy dog eyes waiting for round two!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
My older boy use to be the pickiest eater ever and that is why we chanced him to raw food. It helped a bit in the beginning, but at about 3 years of age he did a 360*. Now he is really in to his food and always knows when it's feeding time. He will jump like a wild hors when I call him to eat. It's really funny to see.

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
My older boy use to be the pickiest eater ever and that is why we chanced him to raw food. It helped a bit in the beginning, but at about 3 years of age he did a 360*. Now he is really in to his food and always knows when it's feeding time. He will jump like a wild hors when I call him to eat. It's really funny to see.

I love to ask Tucker if he is hungry! He knows what that means and gets excited. However, Sophie is a chow hound! She has the nose of a bloodhound, and she is always anxious to eat! Fortunately Tucker waits patiently while I give Sophie her food first. I have to feed them in separate rooms because they would both want to eat from the same bowl, and too quickly!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.