Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
I put in an application to adopt again. I specifically asked for a senior. It's been my hearts desire, since the first time I visited a shelter years ago, to adopt an old dog that no one wants. I've always felt that most people pass over the seniors because they have a limited life left to live. I just want to give them a real home and real family and know that love before their time is up on this earth. I got an email about a week ago then a call a couple days ago. My first interview is today. Sometime. I've been up since 5:30 this mornng in anticipation. I am terribly nervous. I just want it to go well. The girl they're considering placing with us is 13. That is the only thing I know about her. Owner surrender and she's 13. Am I crazy for doing this? I'm afraid to get my hopes up because I've never been approved before. Not even a straggly mutt from the pound that my kids picked out years ago. There have been so many threads on here about denials for adoption. I wasn't even going to mention the interview until I heard from the rescue but I'm just going crazy waiting for the call for when she'll be here.
Any advice?

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
calm down and channel your inner bulldog mom! :) good luck with the interview, i am sure you will do great. just be yourself :)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Wishing you the best with this interview, [MENTION=10908]Roseann[/MENTION]! Do let us know how it all goes :)

PS: be yourself and let your enthusiasm shine through!

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
At 7am I was calm. 2pm? Not so much! Lol
I've always wondered why "they" (who ever decides yes or no) don't explain to people what changes they should make or what the reason for being turned down is. Seems like I would like to know so I could make changes and apply again. I think I'll ask this time.

- - - Updated - - -

Um... That is if I get turned down. I'm still hopeful. ��

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well they should be thankful you want a senior. Bless you for wanting one, as they need to feel love before they go. I wish you luck and hope you get your girl, so she can know and have a loving life before she goes.

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok, so I think it went well. The interviewer brought a friend. A lady that lives in my same small town. We don't know each other but have common friends, sort of, and she knows my sister. Bonus for me. My dogs are actually pretty well behaved as far as other people's dogs that I've been around. That was heavily noticed. I don't train them, they're my pets/kids and they need manners. Come when I call, stop being a pest when I say, and don't jump on people. Begging for loving and licking strangers are both allowed. Haha My children sat on the couch and smiled like angels, human that is (miracle!) The women chatted about how sweet my dogs were a lot. Then asked what questions I had. I replied with "I thought you would be the ones asking questions" I told them about our daily routines and showed them the yard and potty spots and all. Then they were just like "thanks a lot" and I was not having that so I asked what they thought and what my next step was and they say that they think I'm perfect and I shoukd hear from the rescue in a couple days. I pretty much started to cry. I am so excited.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
How exciting for you! Bless you for wanting a senior, whoever the baby is that gets placed with you will know the true love it deserves! I'm soooo happy for you. Update us when you hear something.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ok, so I think it went well. The interviewer brought a friend. A lady that lives in my same small town. We don't know each other but have common friends, sort of, and she knows my sister. Bonus for me. My dogs are actually pretty well behaved as far as other people's dogs that I've been around. That was heavily noticed. I don't train them, they're my pets/kids and they need manners. Come when I call, stop being a pest when I say, and don't jump on people. Begging for loving and licking strangers are both allowed. Haha My children sat on the couch and smiled like angels, human that is (miracle!) The women chatted about how sweet my dogs were a lot. Then asked what questions I had. I replied with "I thought you would be the ones asking questions" I told them about our daily routines and showed them the yard and potty spots and all. Then they were just like "thanks a lot" and I was not having that so I asked what they thought and what my next step was and they say that they think I'm perfect and I shoukd hear from the rescue in a couple days. I pretty much started to cry. I am so excited.

sending lots of prayers this works out and you get a new baby!! :pray:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online