Oh the chewing.....of my coffee table....

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I should crate her when I'm gone. I know that would fix it, but she's good with not peeing on my floor (so I maybe have a fake grass mat that I put in the shower when I'm gone and she uses it...Ruckus won't go near it haha)... Also, when I did try crating her, I checked the camera and her and Ruckus were laying nose to nose, him outside of the crate and her inside. The crate may be making a comeback until she's trustworthy....I also found giant teeth marks on my vintage dresser one day because the boyfriend left her sleeping in the bedroom when he left and she isn't allowed in there without supervision.... Sigh...craigslist furniture only for me in the near future haha
All of my living room furniture is from Target. The end tables were $75 bucks each and the tv table with cabinets and shelves and what not was only $150ish. It looks nice and can easily be replaced at that price point.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
It wasn't the bullies fault........you did order "Mango" wood furniture. :w00t: What was she supposed to do with something that started with the label "Mango." :rofl:There is plenty more where that came from, just wait. Chewing is like laundry.........it never goes away.........:ROFL:

Last edited:

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Oh my! My heart goes out to you ! My Bulldog, Maximus, did the same thing when he was a puppy. We had just bought a brand new gorgeous wood coffee table from MACY*S. It had drawers and a shelf and everything and it was very nice. Well, Maximus decided to
literally chew the coffee table to shreds. We were devastated. We ended up having to have made a upholstery cover for it. He chewed
right thru the material also. He was relentless. Thank goodness he is older now and out of that stage !

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
our winston chewed on our house... my husband had to redo about 5 cedar boards and paint them to fix it.. lol.. yeah we laugh now..

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
YIKES!! Little stinkers are so quick...... Lambeau got my garden shoes and tore it up... did not eat any of it (all pieces accounted for), but the shoe now was able to talk :facepalm:

I hope you can get it repaired... sand down and refinish?

OP
g8erjackie

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I hope you can get it repaired... sand down and refinish?

Yeah it's raw wood, so I could probably sand it down a bit and add stain. I might put it in the downstairs office until she's bigger and get a cheap one off Craigslist for now.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yeah it's raw wood, so I could probably sand it down a bit and add stain. I might put it in the downstairs office until she's bigger and get a cheap one off Craigslist for now.

Good idea.... shark phase will last till at least 6 mths

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I was most impressed with [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] and her dogsigner couch!:rolleyes:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It wasn't the bullies fault........you did order "Mango" wood furniture. :w00t: What was she supposed to do with something that started with the label "Mango." :rofl:There is plenty more where that came from, just wait. Chewing is like laundry.........it never goes away.........:ROFL:

This is exactly what I was thinking!! I didn't even know there was such a thing as Mango wood furniture!

bully602

Sep 8, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chapo/Cheena/Chevy
yup our pups chewed up a really nice and expensive coffee table we had :( we bought it before we knew we were even going to have dogs at our new place

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I was most impressed with @cali baker and her dogsigner couch!:rolleyes:

Ugh, don't remind me. Oh wait, I'm reminded every day b/c that dang piece of furniture is in my living room. :(

I've complained about this before, but I had a beautiful platform bed made for me by two local craftsmen, from reclaimed wood. They've already had to come over twice to re-sand and stain that bed b/c Finn (the same dog-signer who redid my sofa), decided he wanted to chew on it for a snack. Cost me $40 each time they came over! :cursing:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] How much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood? Finn knows.:whistle:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Ugh, don't remind me. Oh wait, I'm reminded every day b/c that dang piece of furniture is in my living room. :(

I've complained about this before, but I had a beautiful platform bed made for me by two local craftsmen, from reclaimed wood. They've already had to come over twice to re-sand and stain that bed b/c Finn (the same dog-signer who redid my sofa), decided he wanted to chew on it for a snack. Cost me $40 each time they came over! :cursing:

Elite dogsigners, like Finn, do not think much of other's work, therefore it must have the "Finn Finish" added!!! You just don't get it [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] He is the Finntastic dogsigner!

Littleeagle

Jul 28, 2011
TN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Baxter
I couldn't even notice it. [emoji1]. We've gone thru four remotes, chewed up bar stools and a bookcase and a few pair of shoes.

The best one was when I finally recovered an antique chair that I had been hauling around for years and the cat proceeded to get in a fight with it daily!

It's Craigslist only from now on.... Plus, look at what great deals you get on there.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.