Anyone with Florida rescue connections or a big heart?

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Since I started volunteering with a local rescue I started following a lot of dog stuff on Facebook. This popped up this morning and my heart hurts for this bully boy. 6 years old, overweight, and in need of veterinary care. He came into Miami Dade Animal Services yesterday as an owner surrender so he can be euthanized at any time and has been immediately put on their "last chance list" so first to be killed. Rescuers on his thread said no one will take him because he's aggressive, but I wonder if he's just in a lot of discomfort and really scared after being dumped at a shelter with no AC.

Anyone have any Florida rescue contacts or live near Miami and you want to give this guy a chance? They can be contacted at [email protected] or 305-884-1101

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437756064.262121.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437756074.961455.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:( poor guy is probably in a lot of pain and scared

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I just posted about this boy on the Adopt-A-Bull Facebook page but it needs to be "owner reviewed" first!!

OP
g8erjackie

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I'm going to share it with Buddies Through Bullies that I just found

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I also posted about him on my FB page...if we can get the word out on this boy, maybe someone can help him fast!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Any news on him? [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION], do you know anyone from Fla rescues--either Adopt-A-Bull or Buddies Through Bullies. Just wondering if they can help this guy out.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Any news on him? [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION], do you know anyone from Fla rescues--either Adopt-A-Bull or Buddies Through Bullies. Just wondering if they can help this guy out.

I do not know anyone directly, but more than likely they already know about him. There is usually a hold placed to give owners a chance to find them, and then once the hold is up they pull him.

Has anyone called the shelter to find out his status and whether the local rescue has been contacted? If we can't reach the rescues directly we may be able to find out that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I do not know anyone directly, but more than likely they already know about him. There is usually a hold placed to give owners a chance to find them, and then once the hold is up they pull him.

Has anyone called the shelter to find out his status and whether the local rescue has been contacted? If we can't reach the rescues directly we may be able to find out that way.

this guy was an owner surrender unfortunately :(

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION], I just called the shelter and the bulldog is still there; the woman i spoke to had no other information as far as if any rescues were contacted, etc...

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
:( i hope a rescue gets a hold of him. Poor baby. :(

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I hope so too, EBN has had auctions with FL rescues but I'm not in touch with anyone directly. How about [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION]? He may be able to reach someone.

Also I notice he's listed as aggressive and difficult to deal with. Rescues may not take him in if that is the case. :(

OP
g8erjackie

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
[MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION], I just called the shelter and the bulldog is still there; the woman i spoke to had no other information as far as if any rescues were contacted, etc...

It's really hard to get information from them., I tried calling and was on his and tr guy sounded totally disinterested. I'll check the Facebook post again, I feel like someone posting that he was serverly aggressive and I'll really hurts his chances.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.