Josethegreat

Mar 5, 2015
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
penny
My girl is 6 month old next week and I had her on totw Bison and venison and she had watery stool so I told the owner at the pet store and he recommended the lamb because it's not as rich her stool is a little better not hard but not mushy but now I'm noticing that she is shedding a lot! And it's driving my wife crazy and she also smells even after a few days after I shower her could it be her food? I don't want to switch her to something more rich maybe her tummy can't handle all that store owner recommended nutrisource? Is the shedding temporary ? She wasn't shedding like this when we got her this just started about a month and a half ago any advice would help thank you

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
i have 4 bulldogs and i have noticed only one of the 4 shed... he is a male that we just got, although the last male dog we had would shed also. Its funny because i read somewhere that bulldogs with a lot of white on them shed more.. i'm still not sure i believe that myth but sure is proving it with my dogs... my last male shed ALL year round..first i thought it was a male thing but you said yours was a female, this new one looks like he's going to be the same.. i'm hoping its not going to be like it but things are looking like it.. good luck.. keep us posted if you find a solution.. i'm going to need help also.

haven't had any problems with the smell other then a bad tail pocket infection that was really stinky, but we got that taken care of so sorry i cant help you with that issue.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
could be she is blowing her coat --- happens twice a year, but if she smells -- could be the food does not agree with her

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Bass JUST slowed down on shedding, I'm not sure if it was because we just started him on NuVet plus or this was his "coat blowing" time. Do you use Apple Cider Vinegar in her water? Maybe that could help w/the smell?

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
Brett was on TOTW too.. Was licking his paw a lot switched him to Fromm and he really got better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Josethegreat

Josethegreat

Mar 5, 2015
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
penny
Ok thanks everyone hoping it's just her blowing her puppy coat

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Dogs don't need to smell and usually the food is the culprit. Even good foods and brands may not suit an individual dog. Maybe you should check if there another brand that hasn't got the same ingredients than the one you use and try that, grain free of course.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.