Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I am so sorry that you are going through this. We luckily haven't had serious ACL issues but I know that many members have had the surgery on their bullies. It seems like you guys are doing everything right. Hopefully other members with experience with the surgery will chime in, but I am sending lots of positive thoughts and support that Radar gets through this and starts healing quickly.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Checking in on Radar, sending y'all faith, hope & love
and continuing to pray for your precious & amazing family.

OP
bengardradar

bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
Still the same staying at 24 hour vet till consult with surgeon in the morning

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Still the same staying at 24 hour vet till consult with surgeon in the morning

So sorry.... Your poor sweet boy! Sending continued prayers

OP
bengardradar

bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
Met with the surgeon this morning, he is not sure why or how this is happening, since we have had 3 surgeries already and there isn't much left to work with he is suggesting fusing the knee joint so that it can't move he will have a limp of course for the rest of his life, but it will save his leg.

Any thoughts opinions on this option, I haven't had a chance to read much about it

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
If this is the only option, I would think a limp would be better than taking the leg. I'm so sorry you guys are going through this.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
If this is the only option, I would think a limp would be better than taking the leg. I'm so sorry you guys are going through this.

Agree... A limp over the loss . So sorry this is continuing--- praying for all of you

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
So sorry y'all are going through this! You are doing everything right and it all seems to be going wrong--not fair! I agree, limp is better than losing his leg. Poor baby.
:cry:

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
will this cause radar to have pain? or is it more structural where the knee can't be bent hence the limp. Not heard this before so I am sorry for sounding ignorant.

OP
bengardradar

bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
After healing radar will have no pain and is structural restricting the knee from bending the doctor explained to me will be essentially the same thing as if a human had a brace on their knee and couldn't bend it so just a limp or funny looking walk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
all my prayers and good thoughts for Radar, poor guy. At least he will still be able to get around.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Continued prayers over dear 'lil Radar and that y'all
and his surgeons get divine answers as to best option
to proceed with his leg. I send love to all y'all <3

OP
bengardradar

bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
Just heard from the surgeon Radar is out of surgery, they have inserted a plate to immobilize the knee and he said things went as well as could be expected after everything he has already been through. His brace will be here tomorrow, but he will be staying at the clinic l for at least another week so that the swelling can come down, so he can use his brace.(hopefully that will prevent him from breaking stuff) His recovery time and rules are the same as his acl surgeries. I am going to spend the next week working through all the guilt that I feel for what we have put him through already so that when he comes home I can have a clear head

Thank You Everyone for your thoughts, prayers, advice and kind words not sure if I could have made it through the last 2 months without them.

Amy, Tim, Gavin and especially Radar

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.