bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
Radar had his 3rd acl surgery on Wednesday July 15th, doc said all went well they did 2 different procedures so that hopefully all heals as it should. I felt awful, but we left him at the vet's office until last night (I was lost a week with no Radar) -- we are working with My Pets Brace to get him a custom brace and needed their help to get his casting made and sent off so that his brace could be made for him so all of that took some time. We picked him up last night and he was so excited to see us, I am a softy and just cried and hugged him. We got him home and he is exhausted from being gone for a week and slept until I had to wake him up this morning to eat something and take his medicine. They have received his casting and should have it complete on Tuesday and then will overnight it to us, we will still have a long road ahead of us, but the extra support for his knee will ease my mind some. I have included a picture of him crashed out when we got home last night and will update everyone when he gets his brace. Thank You all for your support and kind words

Attachments

• Radar 07222015.jpg
    Radar 07222015.jpg
    597.1 KB · Views: 167

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm glad that his is finally home, and I wish you guys the best of luck w/the brace!!! Keep us posted on your sweet boy...

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I know this time will be the one that sticks. Give Radar lots of hugs and kisses from me and the boys and please keep us updated on his progress.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Please give Radar extra loving & cuddles. Poor guy has been through so much. This is it, I just know that he's going to do great and heal up perfectly! So glad he is home.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Happy to know that Radar is home with his family! Best wishes for a good healing,and :pray:too, for Radar and the family. You are such good parents to him. Hope the brace does the job!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So happy he is home and resting with Momma! Best of luck with the recovery --- hugs to the boy

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Radar, many healing blessings to you. Mommy, take care of yourself. This time it is definitely going to stick!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I really hope and pray this all works out, good luck to poor Radar!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Pssst, I'm a big softie too but don't tell EBN, I've worked hard convincing
them I'm a fierce Texas gal that scalps asshats when pissed off ;)

Which, I have, to be honest but in my wild & wooly youth. In my dotage
I cry at the drop of a hat and did so, looking at Radar's incision & thinking
of ALL y'all have been thru. Much admiration & respect for the care & love
you've given him...lucky boy!

Prayers for speedy & great recovery, please keep us informed.

OP
bengardradar

bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
More bad news we got him home Wednesday night noticed on Friday that his leg was filling with fluid so back to Des Moines today to the clinic and emergency vet took an x ray and something has come loose they kept him till surgeon can see him on Monday the er vet mentioned that his hip displaysia was pretty bad for not being quite 2 yet so I wonder if that why we are having so many issues with recovery and breaking scres? I can't believe it is something we are doing we only had him home 2 days this time and he was either in his crate or was being taken outside to go with the sling supporting his back legs, we fed him either sitting or if he was standing with his sling supporting his back legs. I will talk to surgeon Monday and his brace will be here Wednesday I am a mess emotionally but I refuse to give up

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
More bad news we got him home Wednesday night noticed on Friday that his leg was filling with fluid so back to Des Moines today to the clinic and emergency vet took an x ray and something has come loose they kept him till surgeon can see him on Monday the er vet mentioned that his hip displaysia was pretty bad for not being quite 2 yet so I wonder if that why we are having so many issues with recovery and breaking scres? I can't believe it is something we are doing we only had him home 2 days this time and he was either in his crate or was being taken outside to go with the sling supporting his back legs, we fed him either sitting or if he was standing with his sling supporting his back legs. I will talk to surgeon Monday and his brace will be here Wednesday I am a mess emotionally but I refuse to give up

Oh Amy, my poor darling, I'm hugging you close to me thru cyber space.
I'm so, so sorry to read this update and not going to pretend (not that I
can anyway) it is big time discouraging news!

I don't know how you are continuing to continue but glad you are and as of
right now, I'm going to pray, every hour on the hour for Radar's leg & recovery.
Really.

My tears won't solve this but know, my heart hurts for this ordeal continuing, as
I think of all you are dealing with & knowing you must be at the breaking point.
Sending you all the faith, hope, courage & perseverance to continue standing firm.
Poor 'lil Radar, give him a soft kiss from me & Cami, what a fighter he is, how is his
mood & demeanor? Does he seem in pain? I hate, hate, hate he's back at vets and
know he does too. I'm asking God for a miracle...Amen!

OP
bengardradar

bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
I am so amazed by him he is 1 tough boy no one can believe that he still walks on his leg. I love him and I will not give up on him or our family

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.