Can't believe this happened..

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
Oh wow! Being that you said you had the harness custom made, I would definitely keep on top of getting in touch with the company...it shouldn't break after only a few months wear, even if the dogs a puller!! I'm glad you were able to wrangle him back home, safe and sound!! My Bodie's the total opposite...he cares nothing about walking anywhere, lol, and when I take him for his weekly bath, I unhook his seatbelt, attach the leash to his harness, pick him up out of the car(lazy and spoiled!), then I set him down on the pavement in the parking lot, he stands right there. Most of the time, I'm not even holding the leash cause I'm getting his bath bag out of the car, but he never moves at all, even when people and other dogs are walking by or even in the car beside us!!! When he was little, he would occasionally run next door to play with our neighbors lab puppy, but he only did that about 3 or 4 times, then he figured out that when I say "don't you even think about it mister", that meant "NO"!!! But, he's just an all around good boy!!! He never does anything he's not supposed to, except scratch himself, lol!!
Well, I'm very glad today turned out to be a happy, yet scary, but still a happy ending kind of day for you and your babe!!!

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Oh wow! Being that you said you had the harness custom made, I would definitely keep on top of getting in touch with the company...it shouldn't break after only a few months wear, even if the dogs a puller!! I'm glad you were able to wrangle him back home, safe and sound!! My Bodie's the total opposite...he cares nothing about walking anywhere, lol, and when I take him for his weekly bath, I unhook his seatbelt, attach the leash to his harness, pick him up out of the car(lazy and spoiled!), then I set him down on the pavement in the parking lot, he stands right there. Most of the time, I'm not even holding the leash cause I'm getting his bath bag out of the car, but he never moves at all, even when people and other dogs are walking by or even in the car beside us!!! When he was little, he would occasionally run next door to play with our neighbors lab puppy, but he only did that about 3 or 4 times, then he figured out that when I say "don't you even think about it mister", that meant "NO"!!! But, he's just an all around good boy!!! He never does anything he's not supposed to, except scratch himself, lol!!
Well, I'm very glad today turned out to be a happy, yet scary, but still a happy ending kind of day for you and your babe!!!

hi there :)

The harness wasn't custom made. I got it on Amazon but it's through a Finnish company so there's no easy way for me to contact them and speak to someone.

They did reply on FB and asked me to send them a pm which I did this morning-haven't heard anything back yet though..

Here's my big, bad, love muffin. Took this pic a few weeks ago but he's in the same position right now..lol..
View attachment 89417

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Umm.... How do I get the bulldog model that does everything it's supposed to. I think I got two defective models and I want a refund!! lol!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"

The harness wasn't custom made. I got it on Amazon but it's through a Finnish company so there's no easy way for me to contact them and speak to someone.

They did reply on FB and asked me to send them a pm which I did this morning-haven't heard anything back yet though..

Here's my big, bad, love muffin. Took this pic a few weeks ago but he's in the same position right now..lol..
View attachment 89417

oh.em.gee. I LOVE this pic.

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
Umm.... How do I get the bulldog model that does everything it's supposed to. I think I got two defective models and I want a refund!! lol!
Haha!! Idk, I think we got REALLY lucky with Bodie!!! At least when it comes to his behavior! Now with his health/allergy issues...we got the short end of the stick there, lol! But, I wouldn't trade him for anything!!!

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie

View attachment 89417
Oh, sorry! Got confused with everyone's comments. It was TyTysMom that had one custom made, lol!!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
[MENTION=7457]nycbullymama[/MENTION] Following up on the harness problem...this is Castor on his morning outing today. There are quite a lot of rabbits around here and we both spotted this one sitting on the grass some ten meters away (tiny thing, top left corner of the pic, on the grass) but Castor just stopped to watch. Sometimes he tries to go after the small ones but often he will just stand looking at them like this.
rabbit.JPG

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
@nycbullymama Following up on the harness problem...this is Castor on his morning outing today. There are quite a lot of rabbits around here and we both spotted this one sitting on the grass some ten meters away (tiny thing, top left corner of the pic, on the grass) but Castor just stopped to watch. Sometimes he tries to go after the small ones but often he will just stand looking at them like this.
View attachment 89441

lol..he definitely looks interested..lol.
As long as he's not a puller, I guess it should be OK. But I don't think I would trust it again with Wellie.

Also, they still haven't responded to my PM.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
@nycbullymama
Hope they respond soon - not sure about Finland but here in Sweden you might need to wait a few days before you hear back from companies on issues like this, though. Sorely, there must have been something wrong with the one you got; I looked more closely at the harness when Castor had it on and I would think the part that ought to be under most stress when the dog pulls is the top (where you attach the leash), whereas Wellie's harness broke under his chest, right?

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
@nycbullymama
Hope they respond soon - not sure about Finland but here in Sweden you might need to wait a few days before you hear back from companies on issues like this, though. Sorely, there must have been something wrong with the one you got; I looked more closely at the harness when Castor had it on and I would think the part that ought to be under most stress when the dog pulls is the top (where you attach the leash), whereas Wellie's harness broke under his chest, right?

They responded this morning. Needed my contact information for the North American distributor.
I don't know why they would need to contact me?
Either way, I'm calling Amazon today and asking for a refund.

And yes, it broke under his chest. I thought it was an odd place too since you're right, if anything should rip, it should be the loop where the lead gets attached.
I was looking at the two pieces that ripped apart.
The stitching just wasn't very tight. It wouldn't take much for a dog that pulls to loosen the stitches eventually, and I think that's all that happened.
He pulls, loosened the stitches, and it came "undone".

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
awe man, that is scary! Amazon should refund the money right away!

I was looking for it this morning but can't find it. Really hope Chris didn't throw it out because knowing Amazon, they'd request I send it back.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
They responded this morning. Needed my contact information for the North American distributor.
I don't know why they would need to contact me?
Either way, I'm calling Amazon today and asking for a refund.

Hope you find it and that you'll get a refund and eventually an explanation from Hurtta!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online