OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Holy freakin crap!!! :faint: What great reflexes and smarts to have treats with you ---- so happy you are both home and SAFE

The treats are always on me but like I said, they're just to reinforce commands/training. Wellie is very food motivated.

Christine, I was on him like flies on s**t. Just auto mode. But none of that would have mattered if we were anywhere else. I was also lucky the park police weren't around, they love to give tickets here.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The treats are always on me but like I said, they're just to reinforce commands/training. Wellie is very food motivated.

Christine, I was on him like flies on s**t. Just auto mode. But none of that would have mattered if we were anywhere else. I was also lucky the park police weren't around, they love to give tickets here.

Imagine that.. Tickets in NYC for something ridiculous.... Scary how adrenaline and instincts kick in without even thinking

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Oh how scary! Thank goodness he followed you back. That's a lesson for me to always take some treats! One time Winnie slipped out the front door (my fault--and I'm always so careful!). She went running as fast as her piggy legs would carry her and was down to the next block before I even got started after her. I would never have caught her! I let Jack out the front door and he ran after and herded her back home. I was so impressed with Jack that day! He may have saved Winnie's life--I felt like he saved mine! [MENTION=7457]nycbullymama[/MENTION]

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I posted to their FB page about this happening to a harness that's only a few months old.

Waiting for a response.

OMG - that's the Hurtta harness, isn't it? What a scary situation and I'm glad he came back. Castor's Hurtta is still looking good but I will check it. Please let us know what they say.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Oh how scary! Thank goodness he followed you back. That's a lesson for me to always take some treats! One time Winnie slipped out the front door (my fault--and I'm always so careful!). She went running as fast as her piggy legs would carry her and was down to the next block before I even got started after her. I would never have caught her! I let Jack out the front door and he ran after and herded her back home. I was so impressed with Jack that day! He may have saved Winnie's life--I felt like he saved mine! @nycbullymama

These bullies are quick on their little short legs..lol..
Your Jack's a very smart boy!

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
OMG - that's the Hurtta harness, isn't it? What a scary situation and I'm glad he came back. Castor's Hurtta is still looking good but I will check it. Please let us know what they say.

I'm so glad you posted. I wanted to send you a PM to check Castors harness but kept spelling your name wrong.

But yes, keep checking for loose threads in the front, especially if Castor likes to pull since it weakens that area.

I'm waiting to hear back from Hurtta via FB. If they don't respond to my post, I'll email them. I would call but the only number I have for them is in Finland.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
that's very scary and I'm glad you got Wellie back home safely. I could just feel your stress while reading about what happened!

Tate literally flew out of his Julius k9 harness a few wks ago b/c I didn't have it on securely enough. I had Finn with me, we were just about to go for a walk and were still in my driveway. They both saw a dog on the sidewalk being walked and got so excited; Tate flew (ran) to the dog and thank God he didn't run into the street. I called him to come back in and the owner of the other dog was sort of coaxing him back to me too. I was literally shaking from all that, rustled the boys back into the house and decided to take each dog out one by one b/c I couldn't handle the stress of 2 of them at the moment! :fie:

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I'm so glad you posted. I wanted to send you a PM to check Castors harness but kept spelling your name wrong.

But yes, keep checking for loose threads in the front, especially if Castor likes to pull since it weakens that area.

I'm waiting to hear back from Hurtta via FB. If they don't respond to my post, I'll email them. I would call but the only number I have for them is in Finland.

Thanks - I just checked Castor's harness and it looks good. He doesn't pull much so the harness hasn't really been put to a test. Let's hope they respond quickly and that they will send you a new one.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
that's very scary and I'm glad you got Wellie back home safely. I could just feel your stress while reading about what happened!

Tate literally flew out of his Julius k9 harness a few wks ago b/c I didn't have it on securely enough. I had Finn with me, we were just about to go for a walk and were still in my driveway. They both saw a dog on the sidewalk being walked and got so excited; Tate flew (ran) to the dog and thank God he didn't run into the street. I called him to come back in and the owner of the other dog was sort of coaxing him back to me too. I was literally shaking from all that, rustled the boys back into the house and decided to take each dog out one by one b/c I couldn't handle the stress of 2 of them at the moment! :fie:

Wow, I'm impressed you can two out at once, I can't. Wellie's too much of a puller and Blue always wants to go in a different direction.

Isn't that the scariest feeling? Watching them run like that and all you can do is hope to catch them.. ugh..

Thanks - I just checked Castor's harness and it looks good. He doesn't pull much so the harness hasn't really been put to a test. Let's hope they respond quickly and that they will send you a new one.

I'm sorry to have scared you, but I'd glad to hear you checked (and will probably always check from now on..lol).

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=7457]nycbullymama[/MENTION] Today was your lucky day! You got your baby to follow you. As much as mine are food fiends, if they got loose, and there were people or dogs around,I don't think they would give a flying flip about a treat! They would hear the call of the wild(and it would be me) and keep on truckin'. They are totally ungrateful!

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Oh my goodness what a scare:fie: If this was my Bennie I think he would have been gone... he doesn't listen at all:( so glad you are both safe:)

I've used the leash as a collar several times on dogs if they don't have a collar on... at least then they can't run away.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
@nycbullymama Today was your lucky day! You got your baby to follow you. As much as mine are food fiends, if they got loose, and there were people or dogs around,I don't think they would give a flying flip about a treat! They would hear the call of the wild(and it would be me) and keep on truckin'. They are totally ungrateful!

Oh my goodness what a scare:fie: If this was my Bennie I think he would have been gone... he doesn't listen at all:( so glad you are both safe:)

I've used the leash as a collar several times on dogs if they don't have a collar on... at least then they can't run away.

I was talking to Chris about this last night and he reminded me that they both follow.
Blue stays close for the most part, and Wellie makes sure to keep us in his sight. He can be 50 feet away, but as long as he sees us, he's OK. The moment he can't, he comes running. But the problem is keeping his attention when there's a ton of people and things going since he wants to chase everything. That's when the treats came in handy.
[MENTION=7710]Petra[/MENTION] .. I completely forgot to use the leash as a collar. I was even taught how to make a harness out of it by Blues first vet.. think I just panicked :nervous:.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.