Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Can't believe this happened..

oh boy!
    Hug your bully today

2. Likes nycbullymama liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

@nycbullymama Today was your lucky day! You got your baby to follow you. As much as mine are food fiends, if they got loose, and there were people or dogs around,I don't think they would give a flying flip about a treat! They would hear the call of the wild(and it would be me) and keep on truckin'. They are totally ungrateful!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

4. Likes nycbullymama liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training g8erjackie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)

6. Likes nycbullymama liked this post
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Oh my goodness what a scare If this was my Bennie I think he would have been gone... he doesn't listen at all so glad you are both safe

I've used the leash as a collar several times on dogs if they don't have a collar on... at least then they can't run away.
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

8. Likes nycbullymama liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    @nycbullymama Today was your lucky day! You got your baby to follow you. As much as mine are food fiends, if they got loose, and there were people or dogs around,I don't think they would give a flying flip about a treat! They would hear the call of the wild(and it would be me) and keep on truckin'. They are totally ungrateful!
    Quote Originally Posted by Petra View Post
    Oh my goodness what a scare If this was my Bennie I think he would have been gone... he doesn't listen at all so glad you are both safe

I've used the leash as a collar several times on dogs if they don't have a collar on... at least then they can't run away.
    I was talking to Chris about this last night and he reminded me that they both follow.
    Blue stays close for the most part, and Wellie makes sure to keep us in his sight. He can be 50 feet away, but as long as he sees us, he's OK. The moment he can't, he comes running. But the problem is keeping his attention when there's a ton of people and things going since he wants to chase everything. That's when the treats came in handy.
    @Petra .. I completely forgot to use the leash as a collar. I was even taught how to make a harness out of it by Blues first vet.. think I just panicked .

10. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by nycbullymama View Post
    @Petra .. I completely forgot to use the leash as a collar. I was even taught how to make a harness out of it by Blues first vet.. think I just panicked .
    Haha, I don't blame you for panicking, I would too in a situation like that
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

12. Likes nycbullymama liked this post
    Real Name
    Toni
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bodie
    Likes (Received)

Oh wow! Being that you said you had the harness custom made, I would definitely keep on top of getting in touch with the company...it shouldn't break after only a few months wear, even if the dogs a puller!! I'm glad you were able to wrangle him back home, safe and sound!! My Bodie's the total opposite...he cares nothing about walking anywhere, lol, and when I take him for his weekly bath, I unhook his seatbelt, attach the leash to his harness, pick him up out of the car(lazy and spoiled!), then I set him down on the pavement in the parking lot, he stands right there. Most of the time, I'm not even holding the leash cause I'm getting his bath bag out of the car, but he never moves at all, even when people and other dogs are walking by or even in the car beside us!!! When he was little, he would occasionally run next door to play with our neighbors lab puppy, but he only did that about 3 or 4 times, then he figured out that when I say "don't you even think about it mister", that meant "NO"!!! But, he's just an all around good boy!!! He never does anything he's not supposed to, except scratch himself, lol!!
    Well, I'm very glad today turned out to be a happy, yet scary, but still a happy ending kind of day for you and your babe!!!
    You'll never know true, unconditional love and loyalty until you own a Bully! A smooshy-face, full of wrinkles, slobber mouthed, stinky Bully!!!

14. Likes nycbullymama liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BodiesMom View Post
    Oh wow! Being that you said you had the harness custom made, I would definitely keep on top of getting in touch with the company...it shouldn't break after only a few months wear, even if the dogs a puller!! I'm glad you were able to wrangle him back home, safe and sound!! My Bodie's the total opposite...he cares nothing about walking anywhere, lol, and when I take him for his weekly bath, I unhook his seatbelt, attach the leash to his harness, pick him up out of the car(lazy and spoiled!), then I set him down on the pavement in the parking lot, he stands right there. Most of the time, I'm not even holding the leash cause I'm getting his bath bag out of the car, but he never moves at all, even when people and other dogs are walking by or even in the car beside us!!! When he was little, he would occasionally run next door to play with our neighbors lab puppy, but he only did that about 3 or 4 times, then he figured out that when I say "don't you even think about it mister", that meant "NO"!!! But, he's just an all around good boy!!! He never does anything he's not supposed to, except scratch himself, lol!!
    Well, I'm very glad today turned out to be a happy, yet scary, but still a happy ending kind of day for you and your babe!!!
    hi there

The harness wasn't custom made. I got it on Amazon but it's through a Finnish company so there's no easy way for me to contact them and speak to someone.

They did reply on FB and asked me to send them a pm which I did this morning-haven't heard anything back yet though..

Here's my big, bad, love muffin. Took this pic a few weeks ago but he's in the same position right now..lol..
    Attachment 89417

16. Likes BodiesMom liked this post
    Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BodiesMom View Post
    Umm.... How do I get the bulldog model that does everything it's supposed to. I think I got two defective models and I want a refund!! lol!
    My smooshy face boy!

18. Likes nycbullymama, BodiesMom liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

hi there

The harness wasn't custom made. I got it on Amazon but it's through a Finnish company so there's no easy way for me to contact them and speak to someone.

They did reply on FB and asked me to send them a pm which I did this morning-haven't heard anything back yet though..

Here's my big, bad, love muffin. Took this pic a few weeks ago but he's in the same position right now..lol..
    Attachment 89417

oh.em.gee. I LOVE this pic.

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

20. Likes nycbullymama, BodiesMom liked this post
    Real Name
    Toni
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bodie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    Umm.... How do I get the bulldog model that does everything it's supposed to. I think I got two defective models and I want a refund!! lol!
    Haha!! Idk, I think we got REALLY lucky with Bodie!!! At least when it comes to his behavior! Now with his health/allergy issues...we got the short end of the stick there, lol! But, I wouldn't trade him for anything!!!
    You'll never know true, unconditional love and loyalty until you own a Bully! A smooshy-face, full of wrinkles, slobber mouthed, stinky Bully!!!

22. Likes nycbullymama liked this post
    Real Name
    Toni
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bodie
    Likes (Received)

hi there

Attachment 89417
    Oh, sorry! Got confused with everyone's comments. It was TyTysMom that had one custom made, lol!!

24. Likes nycbullymama liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads