Can't believe this happened..

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
So I know I started a thread about Wellie pulling but what happened earlier today takes the cake.

We went on our daily walk earlier. Everything was going fine until he saw a group of pigeons congregating around some food.
He went after them at full speed, but this time, his harness ripped and he was loose. I ran after him, gave him some treats and got him to follow me home.

It took all my strength not to have a bloody meltdown right there.
My neighborhood during lunchtime, especially during the summer is packed with people. Tourists, people who work here, locals, I mean everyone is out. Plus other people who are walking their own dogs, and a ton of dog walkers walking 2-3 dogs at a time.

Thank God we were right behind my building and I was able to get him inside fairly quick.

This is what it's supposed to look like; View attachment 89385View attachment 89386

But this is what it looks like after he ripped it; View attachment 89387View attachment 89388

I'm so upset. Just thinking of what could have happened had he not followed, or had we been further from home.. :(

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Oh my Ellie, that is terrible! I would have had a heart attack. It is my worst fear because I know mine would not come back. Thank god he did.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Oh my Ellie, that is terrible! I would have had a heart attack. It is my worst fear because I know mine would not come back. Thank god he did.

I wasn't sure if he was going to follow me either, but he can't resist a treat, and I was lucky he stayed close.

Don't know what to do anymore. How in the hell did he manage to rip his harness??? SMH

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
:faint:I can imagine how you feel. All the things that could of happened! So lucky you got away with a scare!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Yikes :( I know the feeling. I've had a heart attack when I simply dropped the leash on accident, and one day Tyson slipped out of his collar. What I do now... (or try too at least) its so dang hot here... that's why I say try. I put his harness on (Julius K-9) attach the leash to it, but I also have his collar on so that if worse comes to worse, I have a back up to attach the leash too.

Thank GOD he listened, and that you carry treats. Smart girl.

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
oh my goodness i know you were in panic mode i would have been also :unsure:

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
:faint:I can imagine how you feel. All the things that could of happened! So lucky you got away with a scare!

Yep, very lucky.
This happened a few hours ago, but the reality of it is just hitting me now. My adrenaline kicked in when it first happened, but now I'm starting to feel physically sick.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Yikes :( I know the feeling. I've had a heart attack when I simply dropped the leash on accident, and one day Tyson slipped out of his collar. What I do now... (or try too at least) its so dang hot here... that's why I say try. I put his harness on (Julius K-9) attach the leash to it, but I also have his collar on so that if worse comes to worse, I have a back up to attach the leash too.

Yeah, I always carry treats for them. I do it to reinforce training though, never thought this would happen.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Yeah, I always carry treats for them. I do it to reinforce training though, never thought this would happen.

Tyson broke out in a rash too with one collar. I have to use all genuine 100% leather for no rash. Freakin' high roller already costs me enough. LOL hahah so I had it custom made by Ruggit Collars on Etsy.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Tyson broke out in a rash too with one collar. I have to use all genuine 100% leather for no rash. Freakin' high roller already costs me enough. LOL hahah so I had it custom made by Ruggit Collars on Etsy.

I edited my post because it was in your quotes and I think I deleted part of it..lol..

I may get him another collar and see how it goes.

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)

Wicked Smaht girl!! :yes:

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I posted to their FB page about this happening to a harness that's only a few months old.

Waiting for a response.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Holy freakin crap!!! :faint: What great reflexes and smarts to have treats with you ---- so happy you are both home and SAFE

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online