Real Name
    Laurie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Can't believe this happened..

scary! What a good bully following you home!!

"Unequivocally the Sweetest"

2. Likes nycbullymama liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I posted to their FB page about this happening to a harness that's only a few months old.

Waiting for a response.

4. Likes TyTysmom, 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Holy freakin crap!!! What great reflexes and smarts to have treats with you ---- so happy you are both home and SAFE
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

6. Likes nycbullymama liked this post
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Holy freakin crap!!! What great reflexes and smarts to have treats with you ---- so happy you are both home and SAFE
    The treats are always on me but like I said, they're just to reinforce commands/training. Wellie is very food motivated.

Christine, I was on him like flies on s**t. Just auto mode. But none of that would have mattered if we were anywhere else. I was also lucky the park police weren't around, they love to give tickets here.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by nycbullymama View Post
    The treats are always on me but like I said, they're just to reinforce commands/training. Wellie is very food motivated.

Christine, I was on him like flies on s**t. Just auto mode. But none of that would have mattered if we were anywhere else. I was also lucky the park police weren't around, they love to give tickets here.
    Imagine that.. Tickets in NYC for something ridiculous.... Scary how adrenaline and instincts kick in without even thinking
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

9. Likes nycbullymama liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

Oh how scary! Thank goodness he followed you back. That's a lesson for me to always take some treats! One time Winnie slipped out the front door (my fault--and I'm always so careful!). She went running as fast as her piggy legs would carry her and was down to the next block before I even got started after her. I would never have caught her! I let Jack out the front door and he ran after and herded her back home. I was so impressed with Jack that day! He may have saved Winnie's life--I felt like he saved mine! @nycbullymama

11. Likes nycbullymama liked this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I posted to their FB page about this happening to a harness that's only a few months old.

Waiting for a response.

OMG - that's the Hurtta harness, isn't it? What a scary situation and I'm glad he came back. Castor's Hurtta is still looking good but I will check it. Please let us know what they say.

Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

13. Likes nycbullymama liked this post
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Donnam View Post
    Oh how scary! Thank goodness he followed you back. That's a lesson for me to always take some treats! One time Winnie slipped out the front door (my fault--and I'm always so careful!). She went running as fast as her piggy legs would carry her and was down to the next block before I even got started after her. I would never have caught her! I let Jack out the front door and he ran after and herded her back home. I was so impressed with Jack that day! He may have saved Winnie's life--I felt like he saved mine! @nycbullymama
    These bullies are quick on their little short legs..lol..
    Your Jack's a very smart boy!

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cefe13 View Post
    OMG - that's the Hurtta harness, isn't it? What a scary situation and I'm glad he came back. Castor's Hurtta is still looking good but I will check it. Please let us know what they say.
    I'm so glad you posted. I wanted to send you a PM to check Castors harness but kept spelling your name wrong.

But yes, keep checking for loose threads in the front, especially if Castor likes to pull since it weakens that area.

I'm waiting to hear back from Hurtta via FB. If they don't respond to my post, I'll email them. I would call but the only number I have for them is in Finland.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

that's very scary and I'm glad you got Wellie back home safely. I could just feel your stress while reading about what happened!

Tate literally flew out of his Julius k9 harness a few wks ago b/c I didn't have it on securely enough. I had Finn with me, we were just about to go for a walk and were still in my driveway. They both saw a dog on the sidewalk being walked and got so excited; Tate flew (ran) to the dog and thank God he didn't run into the street. I called him to come back in and the owner of the other dog was sort of coaxing him back to me too. I was literally shaking from all that, rustled the boys back into the house and decided to take each dog out one by one b/c I couldn't handle the stress of 2 of them at the moment!

17. Likes nycbullymama liked this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I'm so glad you posted. I wanted to send you a PM to check Castors harness but kept spelling your name wrong.

But yes, keep checking for loose threads in the front, especially if Castor likes to pull since it weakens that area.

I'm waiting to hear back from Hurtta via FB. If they don't respond to my post, I'll email them. I would call but the only number I have for them is in Finland.

Thanks - I just checked Castor's harness and it looks good. He doesn't pull much so the harness hasn't really been put to a test. Let's hope they respond quickly and that they will send you a new one.

Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

19. Likes nycbullymama liked this post
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    that's very scary and I'm glad you got Wellie back home safely. I could just feel your stress while reading about what happened!

Tate literally flew out of his Julius k9 harness a few wks ago b/c I didn't have it on securely enough. I had Finn with me, we were just about to go for a walk and were still in my driveway. They both saw a dog on the sidewalk being walked and got so excited; Tate flew (ran) to the dog and thank God he didn't run into the street. I called him to come back in and the owner of the other dog was sort of coaxing him back to me too. I was literally shaking from all that, rustled the boys back into the house and decided to take each dog out one by one b/c I couldn't handle the stress of 2 of them at the moment!
    Wow, I'm impressed you can two out at once, I can't. Wellie's too much of a puller and Blue always wants to go in a different direction.

Isn't that the scariest feeling? Watching them run like that and all you can do is hope to catch them.. ugh..

Quote Originally Posted by cefe13 View Post
    Thanks - I just checked Castor's harness and it looks good. He doesn't pull much so the harness hasn't really been put to a test. Let's hope they respond quickly and that they will send you a new one.
    I'm sorry to have scared you, but I'd glad to hear you checked (and will probably always check from now on..lol).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads