my Bully is almost 8 months But...

Blueismybully

Jul 20, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
blue
For some reason he won't sit down or lay down or relax when he is free roaming in the house. He will literally stand around for hrs. But if I tie him up he will lay down..am I confusing anyone?? Lol How can I make him relax and actually be still while we are all around him?? Oh and he's 7 months..

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Can you gate him off, or get a small playpen for him? See how he does in a small area?

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
For some reason he won't sit down or lay down or relax when he is free roaming in the house. He will literally stand around for hrs. But if I tie him up he will lay down..am I confusing anyone?? Lol How can I make him relax and actually be still while we are all around him?? Oh and he's 7 months..

Hi - Welcome. Does he have a bed, or blankie? Try sitting on the floor with him, next to his blankie or bed, an having him come over to you. Pet him, to get him nice and relaxed, and see if he'll lay down.

Also, what do you mean by "tie him up"?

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Winslow used to be like that to a smaller extent when he was a puppy. At nighttime he just had a hard time settling down.

It was when we finally allowed him to be on two chairs (one in the living room, the other in our bedroom) that he was able to wind down and get comfortable at night. This was right around 7-8 months too, i think.

Does your guy have his own place? A crate or a small area, like nycbullymama said?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He really sounds like he needs a little place of his own to settle down in like was mentioned above. :welcome: to EBN!

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
lol; :w00t::w00t: I don't have that problem. My girls think "relaxing" is an all day event. They lay around and I get the stink eye if I infringe on their relaxation. :ROFL: they hate getting up in the morning......that requires effort on their part......Good luck!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Does he have a crate or area just for him that he can see you....as others mentioned, an area all his so he can relax?

:welcome3: to EBN

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.