Chester scared the you know what out of us..

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Last night he was choking on a treat that he wolfed down with hardly chewing it .. it was so bad he wasn't getting any air :eek: After about a minute (and I was starting to freak out).. he had SEVERAL episodes of vomiting and it came out :whew: This morning he was still doing a "snorting" "gagging" kind of thing, but he hasn't done it now in a few hours..so hopefully that is the end of that too. Almost like he had some mucus (or vomit) stuck in his nose - as the vomit was coming out his nose too last night :*( My poor boy - I though for a minute there we were at a point of no return :ohmy:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh my gosh how scary!!!! :eek: I hope he is okay....

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Yep... pretty scary!!! I hate that they devour their food or treats like they will never get another. I now give my dogs bite size treats for this very reason.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
How Scary! I'm glad he is ok now. HRH would do something like that. We have learned not to give her big treats. She does not chew, just sucks it down too. She has choked and vomited before, just not THAT bad.

I'll bet there is the equivalent to a heimlich one could do on a dog, but I wouldnt know how to do it. I think i will do a google and see if I can find instructions.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I found several links....do a google search Heimlich maneuver for dogs. There are several with u tube videos, but I don't know how to link them using my iPad.

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
Poor Chester! I know you must have been totally freaked! Belly had something caught from just a few seconds and I was practically in tears! Hope Chester is feeling better in a little! Poor guy vomiting out his nose!

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
I found several links....do a google search Heimlich maneuver for dogs. There are several with u tube videos, but I don't know how to link them using my iPad.

They also teach dog first aid and cpr ... I know none of us would ever want to have to do this, but it could be better to be prepared than not. :( I started to think about it after seeing Shorty bring someone in to teach his employees these things (Pit Boss on Animal Planet - we are a little in love with this show and Pit Bulls and Parolees). Something I am thinking about doing this summer with my daughter since she takes care of other dogs besides Chunk too. :luv:

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
Oh wow...I bet that did scare the :poo: out of you. Glad to hear he is okay. Don't they know not to scare us like that. Brodie was outside and hid from me today. I called and called him but no Brodie. Ran into the house in a panic and called him and called him, no Brodie. I walked back into the living room to go back out and look AGAIN and there he was standing in the doorway with dirt all over his face. Scary, my heart was in my toe! I told him not to scare me like that and he gave me a look that said "oh okay" and turned and went outside. I swear he knew he scared me.

L

Lucy-licious

I am so glad he is ok, i'll bet his nose has been sore after that vommiting....poor baby :hug:

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Oh poor baby and bully mamma, there is nothing scarier than feeling so helpless. Thank God he is ok!! :hug: for Chester and mamma

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.