How to make sure my house doesn't have that dog smell

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Hi you've already been given great advice and suggestions. I also bath our guys once every two weeks, and I use a Tearless Puppy Shampoo, they are gentler than regular shampoos, and they usually have nice fresh scents like Baby Powder. I use Petsmarts Brand of Tearless Puppy Shampoo, I rinse them with with equal, parts of white vinegar and warm water, it keeps them smelling nicer longer in between their baths, it conditions their skin and it removes the excess soap residue. I don't have any carpets in my house on the main level, we have hardwood floors everywhere except the kitchen and entrance hallway which is tiled, the basement is finished and has a Berber carpet, but the dogs will not go down the stairs, so they are never in the basement. I sweep, Swiffer, and vacuum on Wednesday's, and I sweep Swiffer and damp mop on Sundays. I use Mr Clean on my floors to wash, and then I use plain warm water and White vinegar to go over the floors after they are washed. I also wash their towels and face cloths, right after I use them, and I wash their clothes and sweaters on a regular basis, plus I also wash their collars and leashes in the machine and let them air dry. I don't have to worry about bedding because they can't have any pillows and blankets as they chew and swallow them. My furniture is very easy to keep clean as well, because I have leather, which is really easy to keep clean, I use Swiffer dusters to pick up the loose hairs, and I mix warm water and a squirt of Dawn dish soap with a little white vinegar with a microfibre cloth to wipe down the couch and loveseat. It cleans and dusts the furniture at the same time.

This thread is making me tired!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 47
OP
O

Oliviakainu90

Jul 12, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive
Wow great advice! I was under the impression I had to buy some fancy shampoo lol. Thank you everyone so very much!

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
All my floors are wooden floors or tile floors so sweeping and mopping works fantastic. The bedrooms have carpet but get vaccumed daily and the linens get changed twice a week. We don't have curtains and have blinds so nothing there to trap things. I have allergies so my house was stripped of all unnecessary fabric prior to owning bullies. Lysol Lemon frresh cleaner smells great, grain free dog food keeps my bullies from smelling (they only get baths twice or maybe three times a year) and the occassional homemade spritzer with lavender on them does the trick. We all smell fantastic in our house!! WOOHOO!!

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
We have wooden floors. I use the steam mop with a fabreeze in the water and candles for the rooms
[emoji2][emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Dog smell? Is that what that eu de parfume is?

:giggle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Wax Warmers are great too, we just picked up a few more...love the lighting and there are so many scents to choose from. They have them at Walmart for $15 and the wax is around $2. (I'm a fan of "zen" and "spa", my girls like "rock candy" and "sweet pea") :happy:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.