Spill off while drinking

OP
B

bitla

Sep 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Louis
or maybe some one can offer another solution?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Some bullies have tenancies to bring the water with them when walking away.... I keep a towel next to bowl so i can quickly wipe the floor

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
we keep a towel on the floor too, Lola drips when she she's done drinking. we call the drips 'wet foot' since either my husband or I will inevitably step in it. 'wet foot'

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
we use a pet water cooler for their drinking water, and I bought a shoe mat from the dollar store that I put under it, it catches most of the water.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
My husband bought a great dog mat from Orvis...it was expensive but it really took care of the mess around the bowl, which our toddler kept slipping in! It's called the water trapper pet placemat by Orvis!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
The bowl you have shown is great for dogs who might tip it over, but drooling water is something different! The suggestions above are a better solution. You could also look
into commercial restaurant supply, for waterproof mats.

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
Henry isn't horrible about dripping water. However, Rootbeer, the lab, is a water fall. It's like he fills his cheeks and never swallow a drop. I fixed my problem by accident. I got Clyde. He's my EB basset hound mix. Whenever anyone is at the water bowl Clyde comes running. He will follow Henry and Rootbeer around licking every single drop of water off their mouths. It's hilarious and awesome. So my suggestion is get a new puppy!!

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
We had this issue with Curly and got him a drink well. You can purchase a tray to go under it which will catch water. The downside about this is that you need to clean every nook and cranny + pull apart the pump and clean at least once a week to prevent sludge build up. They also sell special brushes for cleaning.

The clean is the only downside but ever since I've gotten it I have had a huge puddle of water issue anymore.

Picture below. Please excuse the dirt - curly decided to roll in dirt today and then get a drink. Fountain cleaning day is tomorrow :)

22917dcecf3e767cedf9c9c7770c41cb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online