Update with Olive :)

Oliviakainu90

Jul 12, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive
Things are going very well with Olive and Hawken and she's starting to settle in well. But no progress with the cats. They're still in my bedroom with the door shut, two of them won't come out from under the chair :'( I'm starting to feel really hopeless :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    867.1 KB · Views: 126
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    928.3 KB · Views: 126
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    737.7 KB · Views: 135
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 133

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Aww your family is adorable ;) I'm sorry to hear about the cats, I'm going to tag some members that can hopefully give you some tips. My past dogs were around cats and they seemed fine w/them. Of course I have a big house w/a baby gate for upstairs so the cats always had an escape plan… Lol

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Frankie chases our cat, so I have no great advice. Sorry. [MENTION=9205]JennieS[/MENTION] trained her Brutus not to chase.

OP
O

Oliviakainu90

Jul 12, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive
Yayyy some good news! One of my cats (Cricket) came out today and I had the treats ready for when Olive saw him and when she did I told her no! Told her to sit and stay while giving her the treats and she stayed! After she ate her carrots she just went back in to the living room and ignored Cricket! ***happy dance*** :D

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Yayyy some good news! One of my cats (Cricket) came out today and I had the treats ready for when Olive saw him and when she did I told her no! Told her to sit and stay while giving her the treats and she stayed! After she ate her carrots she just went back in to the living room and ignored Cricket! ***happy
dance*** :D

That is good news!

Based on what you've posted, it seems she is very curious and means no harm.
However, not to let your guard down yet, if she caught one, she could unintentionally
harm it. Do as you're doing and as the cats start relaxing, introduce them in a crate
while all are in the room together (or Olive in a crate) then gradually, no crate & have
Olive on a harness & leashed to you. Observe body language of all, keep us posted &
remember, Olive too, is still settling in & relaxing, it does take EB's awhile :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yayyy some good news! One of my cats (Cricket) came out today and I had the treats ready for when Olive saw him and when she did I told her no! Told her to sit and stay while giving her the treats and she stayed! After she ate her carrots she just went back in to the living room and ignored Cricket! ***happy dance*** :D

AWESOME! stay on that track and it should all settle it.

love your babies -- they are all beautiful

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.