dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
About 2 months ago i woke up because i felt Bifi was restless and i thought he keeps on scratching coz the bed was moving. When i opened my eyes, my heart sank. We were having our first head tremor. I felt so bad and helpless. It almost made me cry! He was obviously confused. Thankfully i read alot from here about what to do and what it was. So i got up and went to the fridge to get him his sausage (this was around 3-4 AM). It stops when he would chew but resumes right after. It didn't help to totally stop it. It lasted about maybe 10minutes (for me it took forever). The distraction that helped stop it was a ball. It happened about 3 more times that day then another one 2 weeks after. Now a month later we are "attacks" free and i hope it stays that way. And yes we still went to the vet after the first day.

I have always felt bad and sympathize those people who share their scary stories about head tremors but experiencing it first hand is a whole different horror that i wish and feverntly hope Bifi (and the rest of your babies) would outgrow of. Although i know it doesn't really hurt him, it still doesn't make me feel any less worried and any less panicky.

This is a shout out to those parents who have to see their furkids through this and know they have to keep calm. Also a huge fat THANK YOU! for sharing your stories, experiences and giving tips as to what to do as well as reassurances, so people like me wouldn't go into complete berserk mode when it happens to them the first time. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Here is Bifi having his third "attack" waiting for his treat. We took a video of it to show his vet the next time.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh honey I'm so sorry… these videos absolutely break my heart, it's so hard to watch them suffer and seem unable to understand what is going on. Cheryl's videos of Vegas' grand mal seizures have brought me to tears. Bless you guys that are dealing w/this and I'm so grateful that you have shared your stories so we are all informed.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
If Bifi loves balls....can I suggest a great one? It's the everlasting fun ball. It's the green one in the series...not the blue on that is called The everlasting treat ball (because that is totally NOT true) The green one is actually a treat ball and you can stick a variety of different noms in it. From cookies to green beans! There are "fingers" that you can cut off if your pup isn't getting the treats fast enough or if the treats are larger. Vegas has idiopathic epilepsy and another neurological disorder that is located in the same part of the brain that gives humans Parkinson's. Two years ago he was having them every waking moment. Today he has one or two a week. They are licking fits.....the only thing that will stop them is this ball.

everlasting-fun-ball-medium-41.jpgeverlasting-fun-ball-medium-43.jpg

11745672_1006624312694524_220710688675535645_n.jpg

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.