well... what would you do?

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
[MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] I was thinking the exact same thing. Although I don't know about a dog's anatomy that well, I have only one functioning kidney and my body has adapted so that kidney does almost double the work.

[MENTION=1046]bulldog family[/MENTION] Follow your heart ... I'm sure it will guide you in the right direction. I agree with everyone's posts, it's obvious from all your posting what a wonderful mama you are to your dogs. Good luck with whatever you decide!

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
Even if he only has one year left, I know you would all love him and make it his happiest instead of bumping from home to home. Just see how the next meet goes and let that be the decider :hug: Bless you and your big bully :heart:

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
Oh, my heart aches for Charlie...poor fellow. You have such a hard decision to make. if you do not adopt him I certinly hope someone who will love him and know how to care for him does. Even if he has a short time left he deserves for it to be filled with love and lots of attention. Good luck and cannot wait to see how this turns out.

OP
bulldog family

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Thanks everyone for your input. I will definately take all the advice. I, also, was wondering about the 1 kidney issue, as I had that foster who is now in a wonderful family doing excellant. But, I don't know how the other kidney is working. I know there are alot things you can't use with a dog with 1 kidney... like flea collars, and alot of flea medication gets filtered through their kidney. But when I see his vet record, I'll know better.Hopefully the meet and greet will go well, and we can welcome another beautiful bullie to the ever growing family!

I do agree that there are alot of unanswered questions about his past, that I"m sure I'll never know the answer to. But I really want to make sure he goes to a wonderful home. I hate when dogs are bounced around, because they can't shine and show who they really, truely are. No dog deserves that and I think that's why I went into fostering in the first place.

Thanks guys for all your help and understanding... Charlie and I really appreciate it!

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Good luck with the meet and greet. I really hope this all works out. I don't think Charlie could find a better home than yours:up:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Good luck! You are an awesome person to consider this. I agree he deserves to be happy and being bounced around isnt fair to any pup, especially if he only has a year left. I also am curious about this having 1 bad kidney. Would be interesting to get a 2nd opinion on that for sure.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I can't add much more to what has already been put! I would wait and see how the meet & greet went ... then take a look at the vet records and find out exactly why he can't survive a long and happy life on just the one kidney.

Let us know when the meet & greet is so that we can keep everything crossed for you!! :up:

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Wow! That is amazing! I am a true believer in things happen for a reason! I think once you have the meet and greet your gut and heart will give you your answer! Best of luck to you!!

OP
bulldog family

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Well... the meet-and-greet will be tomorrow at noon thirty. I'm excited... It's weird being on this end of things. It's usually me with the foster. I talked with the foster mom on the phone and she said he has resource guarding with his food, toys and water. She also mentioned that he drinks alot of water and pees alot. I'm going to look into that, as well. His foster mom doesn't know much about kidney issues as this is her first foster that has ever had this issue. She seems very nice and sweet. I can't wait to meet her either.

Weird thing: Charlie goes to the same vet as where we take our foster dogs... which is in IL and over an hour away. And the foster lady only lives about 15 minutes away from my house. Could this be a sign?:up:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Well... the meet-and-greet will be tomorrow at noon thirty. I'm excited... It's weird being on this end of things. It's usually me with the foster. I talked with the foster mom on the phone and she said he has resource guarding with his food, toys and water. She also mentioned that he drinks alot of water and pees alot. I'm going to look into that, as well. His foster mom doesn't know much about kidney issues as this is her first foster that has ever had this issue. She seems very nice and sweet. I can't wait to meet her either.

Weird thing: Charlie goes to the same vet as where we take our foster dogs... which is in IL and over an hour away. And the foster lady only lives about 15 minutes away from my house. Could this be a sign?:up:

How exciting!! Definitely a sign!

OP
bulldog family

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
The meet and greet didn't go so well... Charlie went after LeROy and LeRoy didn't care for that much. Darn it!!! He was very cute though!!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
AAaaww... sounds like Charlie needs to be an only-child!!! He is already in good and loving hands .. anything else from now is an added bonus for Charlie!! :pray: for Charlie!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.