Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: well... what would you do?

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chaos
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: well... what would you do?

I can tell tht you are an amazing person with a huge ! I say go for it he deserves a good home!

Lucy-licious

Let the meet n greet with LeRoy there make your decision. I think you have a big heart and loving family and will do the right thing by them and Charlie, he will need a lot of love, understanding and patience....with 3 dogs already in the family i would say you have all 3 qualities in an abundance. Goodluck with your choice xx

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

I couldn't add anything else, they all said it.

I do however wonder why a dog has problems with 1 bad kidney. Humans can live with just one. Our bully growing up was on heavy allergy meds, the vet said it would shorten his life because of the "kidney damage" it causes. He was still over 12 when he passed.

Always with me

Real Name
    Turi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
    Likes (Received)

@Bella'sMom I was thinking the exact same thing. Although I don't know about a dog's anatomy that well, I have only one functioning kidney and my body has adapted so that kidney does almost double the work.

@bulldog family Follow your heart ... I'm sure it will guide you in the right direction. I agree with everyone's posts, it's obvious from all your posting what a wonderful mama you are to your dogs. Good luck with whatever you decide!
    You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see,
    but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel.

Live Genuinely

Doggie Boutique Owner Angelgirl's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
    Likes (Received)

Even if he only has one year left, I know you would all love him and make it his happiest instead of bumping from home to home. Just see how the next meet goes and let that be the decider Bless you and your big bully
    "A bulldog is like a potato chip, you can never have just one"

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Brodie
    Likes (Received)

Oh, my heart aches for Charlie...poor fellow. You have such a hard decision to make. if you do not adopt him I certinly hope someone who will love him and know how to care for him does. Even if he has a short time left he deserves for it to be filled with love and lots of attention. Good luck and cannot wait to see how this turns out.
    I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. ~Gilda Radner

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman, LeRoy and China
    Likes (Received)

Thanks everyone for your input. I will definately take all the advice. I, also, was wondering about the 1 kidney issue, as I had that foster who is now in a wonderful family doing excellant. But, I don't know how the other kidney is working. I know there are alot things you can't use with a dog with 1 kidney... like flea collars, and alot of flea medication gets filtered through their kidney. But when I see his vet record, I'll know better.Hopefully the meet and greet will go well, and we can welcome another beautiful bullie to the ever growing family!

I do agree that there are alot of unanswered questions about his past, that I"m sure I'll never know the answer to. But I really want to make sure he goes to a wonderful home. I hate when dogs are bounced around, because they can't shine and show who they really, truely are. No dog deserves that and I think that's why I went into fostering in the first place.

Thanks guys for all your help and understanding... Charlie and I really appreciate it!
    Ask the experimenters why they experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are like us." Ask the experimenters why it is morally okay to experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are not like us." Animal experimentation rests on a logical contradiction. ~Charles R. Magel

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

Good luck with the meet and greet. I really hope this all works out. I don't think Charlie could find a better home than yours
    If tears could build a staircase and happy memories a lane, I could walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Good luck! You are an awesome person to consider this. I agree he deserves to be happy and being bounced around isnt fair to any pup, especially if he only has a year left. I also am curious about this having 1 bad kidney. Would be interesting to get a 2nd opinion on that for sure.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Presley
    Likes (Received)

Please keep us updated on what happens!!
    If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience. ~Woodrow Wilson

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

I can't add much more to what has already been put! I would wait and see how the meet & greet went ... then take a look at the vet records and find out exactly why he can't survive a long and happy life on just the one kidney.

Let us know when the meet & greet is so that we can keep everything crossed for you!!

Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

Wow! That is amazing! I am a true believer in things happen for a reason! I think once you have the meet and greet your gut and heart will give you your answer! Best of luck to you!!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads