I want a puppy, getting urgent

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Guyysss
I'm going nuts. I didn't even mean for all this to happen! I gave my kudos to responsible breeders on a facebook post that a friend made (i just couldn't. Finding homes would be the scariest thing to me!) A friend of hers breeds Shar Peis, all therapy dogs, and has a litter. Somehow i got caught up and am reaallly close to buying one. Badly.
I don't know that i feel what i felt with Winslow, but it's a close call.

My husband is slowly getting on board. I think space is our main issue (and double checking that our apartment complex won't kick us out!) but the one I want is soooo beautiful.

I spoke with the breeder this morning. She told me that she has six males that are all black, then threw in that there is one fawn female that she may sell. And SHE is the one!

Help me! I'm going nuts! I want a baby sister for Winslow!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:rofl: you came to the wrong group to tell you no.... :D

OP
jenzaar

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Hahaha

Maybe some of you can chat with my husband? :yes:

luvmytuker

Jan 10, 2015
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
To be honest Shar-pei's are similar to EB's, their wrinkles have to be cleaned all the time, they are considered high risk for health issues. I had a Shar-pei before my bully and I really really loved that breed. You should socialize the pup( if you get him) I wish I would have done that more with my bully!! Good luck in your decision !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
jenzaar

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
To be honest Shar-pei's are similar to EB's, their wrinkles have to be cleaned all the time, they are considered high risk for health issues. I had a Shar-pei before my bully and I really really loved that breed. You should socialize the pup( if you get him) I wish I would have done that more with my bully!! Good luck in your decision !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you!!! At first i had my reservations but they seem compatible (and alike!) on many levels.

I just really want to leave a deposit before we decide once and for all, before someone else scoops her up! Don't think it works quite like that though! :rofl:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I think Winslow needs a sister, and it sounds like you've already made up your mind and your heart. I say go for it.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Uh yeah, You are not going to get any discouragement from this group!!! So what's the baby's name going to be??? lol, good luck!

OP
jenzaar

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
I think Winslow needs a sister, and it sounds like you've already made up your mind and your heart. I say go for it.
My heart's there, but my hubby's? And our brains? Not quite there yet!

Uh yeah, You are not going to get any discouragement from this group!!! So what's the baby's name going to be??? lol, good luck!
:rofl:
A lady's name for sure!! Darla, Shirley, i had a few others haha. Currently her name is Foxy but that wouldn't keep.

One concern that keeps circling..
I'm so afraid things would change between Winslow and me. And yes i know what a weird romantic thing that sounds like! Haha but I'm sure you get it.
How do i know that he'll be the same with us? I'm so afraid that he'd just be pissed and jealous and not wanting to sit beside me in the mornings and on my lap at night. :(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

I'm so afraid things would change between Winslow and me. And yes i know what a weird romantic thing that sounds like! Haha but I'm sure you get it.
How do i know that he'll be the same with us? I'm so afraid that he'd just be pissed and jealous and not wanting to sit beside me in the mornings and on my lap at night. :(

First few days or couple weeks you MAY see some hesitation or 'stand-off' behavior.... or he won't care a bit. When we first got Lambeau, Cheli would not even be in the same room as him nor interact in anyway, then one day -- POW, play broke out and all was well in the world again

OP
jenzaar

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Is Cheli the same with you still? Did he act standoffish with you and hubby, even if Lambeau was in a different room?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
This is what I think

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 126

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack

:rofl:
A lady's name for sure!! Darla, Shirley, i had a few others haha. Currently her name is Foxy but that wouldn't keep.

Everyone knows Brutus is my baby. When we rescued Frankie, I made sure that Brutus was not left out at all. If I had to crate Frankie for a little while so Brutus could have my undivided attention, so be it. Just don't change too much of Winslows routine and he will be fine. It will be ok

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
You have to get her! It's for your own well-being and so that I can see pictures! :)

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
He will adjust and so we you and your husband.......:w00t: hehe.....bigger chairs for all of you fit in, bigger beds, new stuff to buy as they will become companions in "re-designing your house." LOL, LOL; do it!!! Do it!!! Seriously, life is too short for regrets, jump in with reckless abandonment and enjoy! Just make sure you guys can handle anything that comes down the pipe medically for either of them. Good luck! Looking forward to the pictures of your new baby. and Yes, I have 2 bullies, two Great Danes (one lives with my son), a catahoula (who also lives with my son), 2 cats, cows, sheep and chickens. :w00t::w00t: Loving life to the fullest!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.