OP
L

lmmorgan726

Sep 15, 2014
Country
en_US
Bulldog(s) Names
Levi
Wellll.... They look totally different... So, I'm just not sure...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
L

lmmorgan726

Sep 15, 2014
Country
en_US
Bulldog(s) Names
Levi
88020e0e18954eb9dfe470136ec3f1c6.jpg

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Were you told they were pure bred, did you know they had Bulldog mix and Boxer in them? Did they tell you they were from the same parents? Or are you just curious. I was told my two guys were from the same litter and parents, but they are totally different from each other in everyway. Blossom is mostly white, she is much stockier than Dozer, her chest is broader, and she has much more energy than Dozer. Bulldozer is Fawn coloured and he is longer and leaner than Blossom, many people have asked me if he's mixed with a boxer, and he doesn't have as much energy or pep as Blossom. She's much stronger.

Heres are some pictures of my two furballs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 154
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    488.9 KB · Views: 144
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    601.2 KB · Views: 145
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    691.4 KB · Views: 155
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    601.9 KB · Views: 157
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    609.6 KB · Views: 145
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    446.9 KB · Views: 148
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    775 KB · Views: 156
OP
L

lmmorgan726

Sep 15, 2014
Country
en_US
Bulldog(s) Names
Levi
We were told that they were Olde English Bulldogs from the same litter (so same Mom & Dad) born 6-15-14. I was curious about them because Lexi looked more like a Frenchie or Boxer then anything like her brother. But I was curious if by the DNA profiles if they were pure bred Oldes and/or different Dad's?

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
We were told that they were Olde English Bulldogs from the same litter (so same Mom & Dad) born 6-15-14. I was curious about them because Lexi looked more like a Frenchie or Boxer then anything like her brother. But I was curious if by the DNA profiles if they were pure bred Oldes and/or different Dad's?

Got it.. but there's no such thing as a pure bred olde (at least not yet). It's a mixed breed.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
How interesting to see what DNA test results look like! Thanks for sharing them. I don't really understand what they mean. I do know that Olde English Bulldogs have to have something else in their backgrounds besides EBs.

Which makes me think of another question. I don't know if I can properly put it into words. But, is it possible for litter mates to have different genetic backgrounds and still have the same parents? For instance, say one parent has a boxer/bulldog great grandparent. Would it be possible for that parent, having both of those genes, pass one to one offspring and another to another offspring? Does that make sense? Interesting!

Anyway, both of your bullies are gorgeous!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

totally interesting ...... Levi looks EB, but Lexi looks more of a mix. If you do not mind, how much was that test and was it done just via a blood sample?

OP
L

lmmorgan726

Sep 15, 2014
Country
en_US
Bulldog(s) Names
Levi
totally interesting ...... Levi looks EB, but Lexi looks more of a mix. If you do not mind, how much was that test and was it done just via a blood sample?

Welllll. They few there blood when they were being "fixed" so I'm not sure how much they needed. And I'm thinking it was $65. Lexi reminds me of a Boxer. But it really doesn't matter. We love them....whatever their genetics are!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
agreed they are both beautiful no matter what! Thank you for sharing that DNA results sheet, I had never seen on either.

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
We did a DNA test on my Boston Terrier French Bulldog mix because he is a slender 51 lbs - very tall and very long for both of the breeds. We were told he was this mix but once he hit 51 lbs we had our doubts.

We ended up getting a DNA kit from Amazon - the mix breed kit. It think it was $70 . All we did was take a cheek swab in the morning before sully had anything to eat or drink plus fill out a form with the sully's name, color and weight and then mail the swabs in the special envelops that they came with. in about 2 weeks we received the results via email. He is 50/50 just like we were told. The biggest French bulldog Boston you would ever meet

a3f91492c2e20d32b4c1b77afd1342a5.jpg

ac810445d57f4de0c63665489d5f51fe.jpg

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
We did a DNA test on my Boston Terrier French Bulldog mix because he is a slender 51 lbs - very tall and very long for both of the breeds. We were told he was this mix but once he hit 51 lbs we had our doubts.

We ended up getting a DNA kit from Amazon - the mix breed kit. It think it was $70 . All we did was take a cheek swab in the morning before sully had anything to eat or drink plus fill out a form with the sully's name, color and weight and then mail the swabs in the special envelops that they came with. in about 2 weeks we received the results via email. He is 50/50 just like we were told. The biggest French bulldog Boston you would ever meet

a3f91492c2e20d32b4c1b77afd1342a5.jpg

ac810445d57f4de0c63665489d5f51fe.jpg

Wow! But so gorgeous...both are!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online