KristaB026

Jul 13, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
It's probably to soon to express my life's drama...ha! But I really wanted to give a shout out to Bentley. Please feel free to share with me your own shout out.

So long long story short I very recently found out I have Endrometeosis. All within the last four months I have been soaking in all the what ifs, changes, and treatment ideas. All in all health wise I guess I can't complain about the endo. It could be worse right? But right after my surgery my doctor suggested I start a six month hormone therapy to keep the endo and symptoms away. I was warned that it was going to be a wild ride. Without giving to much information it's like going through a fake menopause, with a roller coaster of emotions. It's a trip. I still don't know if my husband and I will have our own children while I'm putting myself through this. But it's not about me.

Can I just say it's like Bentley knows exactly what to do. Normally I'm very easy going. His extra cuddles and time spent right by my side has been the best medicine. I might be emotionally wore out all because of a drug but petting him makes it so much better. I really think it comes down to a bulldogs love. The bond is like no other and I love dogs. I wish I could literally tell him in conversation how much his sweet self means to me. Especially right now.

So yea, how bout your bullies? What special memory stands out for you? :)

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Sorry on your situation. Looks like you got it together under the circumstances and keeping a positive attitude is key. I wish you luck that you overcome this little hiccup in your life.

Of course the bulldog is helping, That is his job.:yes:

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Krista, many blessing to you, hubby, and sweet Bentley.

I wrote a letter to Bella, similarly to what Petra did for her sweet dogs. I'll share it when I get home.

OP
KristaB026

KristaB026

Jul 13, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
That's so sweet! It's just a gift to have Bentley during this. Jake has been working a lot of required overtime? So it's mostly just me and the B. :)

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
That's so sweet! It's just a gift to have Bentley during this. Jake has been working a lot of required overtime? So it's mostly just me and the B. :)

Thats how I feel about Bella. It's just us girls. :) This is super long, but here goes...

A letter to Bella,

I love the way you tilt your head back and look at me over the bridge of your nose. I know it's your way of saying, "I don't know what you're doing, but I think I want it in my mouth." It's one of the most human expressions I've seen you make.

I love your bully girl snores.

I love looking at your brown eyes, especially your left eye, the eye patch eye. There's so much beauty and depth there. You have one set of brown eye lashes and one set of white eye lashes. Sometimes I just sit and stare at you. You are absolutely gorgeous.

A while ago, I started making you "lay" (down) for dinner. I remember that one time when you threw yourself onto the floor over and over again to get your meal quickly. It makes me crack up every time I think about it. You're such a clown!

I love how when you're chewing a bone or toy, you close your eyes to savor the moment. It's so sweet.

I know you're not a big cuddler, now that you're a big girl...but, I remember that time, during a bad thunderstorm, you snuggled up next to me and watched the storm. It made me feel special. You did the same thing during the July 4th fireworks.

I remember, as a little puppy, you'd crawl onto my pillow so that you could sleep on my head.

I love how you will do absolutely anything for chicken. You'll even sit nicely in the tub, even though you hate getting baths. Your eyes get as big as saucers when I have chicken.

It always makes me cry when I remember how your sweet little face distorted in pain when, right after your spay surgery, you tried to settle in the car seat. My heart broke to see you like that. But then, I remember how you were jumping out of my arms and bouncing off the walls 24 hours later. :)

It's so funny when you get the zoomies in the backyard. You zip around in circles with your ears back, your butt tucked, and your cheeks flapping. You look so funny!

I remember when I first saw your breeder pictures, I knew you were mine. I had dreams about a little bulldog with an eye patch, even before I knew you existed. I told the breeder, "I'm coming to get her tomorrow!" (He probably thought I was crazy.) You don't know this, but you helped me recover from a recently broken heart, and I thank you so much for that!

I love how you get excited over every package delivery, since you think you're getting a new toy. Most times, that's true!

When you're sleeping, I always enjoy pushing your tongue back in. I love how it pops back out every single time.

I love the little whiney baby noises you make when I move you from the couch or pick you up from the floor.

You're a very special little bully girl. It warms my heart when I think about all the people you've touched, both strangers and friends. I chuckle because I don't think I'm allowed to stop taking you to daycare. They love you so much! You're a celebrity wherever we go. Everyone loves you, beautiful girl...most of all, me.

OP
KristaB026

KristaB026

Jul 13, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
[MENTION=13235]Cali Doll[/MENTION] I love that! I'm not a natural writer. I should show you a painting I'm working on of Bentley. It's only 1/2 done.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Krista, I know how much Bentley is helping you get through this rough spot. We had a bulldog named Rosie when both of Roy's parents died. They both died at the end of long hospital stays. While they were in the hospital, we were either there or at home...just waiting. We spent a lot of time here just sitting quietly on the patio. Rosie would sit right beside us, keeping us company every second. Very quietly--just there to be petted and be there. She helped so much. I miss that girl so.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Cali, that's wonderful! I think you and Bella were destined for each other!

Absolutely! It's been a roller coaster, and I wouldn't change a second of it.

Krista, I know how much Bentley is helping you get through this rough spot. We had a bulldog named Rosie when both of Roy's parents died. They both died at the end of long hospital stays. While they were in the hospital, we were either there or at home...just waiting. We spent a lot of time here just sitting quietly on the patio. Rosie would sit right beside us, keeping us company every second. Very quietly--just there to be petted and be there. She helped so much. I miss that girl so.

(((Rosie))) :angelheart::angelheart:

OP
KristaB026

KristaB026

Jul 13, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Oh I know Donna! It's like there saying, just rub me it will be all better. Difficult time for you I'm sure... But great comfort from your dog Rosie!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
My dogs have kept me alive. I have been through things that I wouldn't wish on a worst enemy.Because of my responsibility to them,I go on day by day.They aggravate me,they love me, they depend on me,they comfort me,they make me laugh,they let me cry on them,when I fall down,they get on top of me, and "help, I've fallen, and I can't get up!" They think they are helping my by licking my face(4 tongues!) Who could ask for more :D?

OP
KristaB026

KristaB026

Jul 13, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
My dogs have kept me alive. I have been through things that I wouldn't wish on a worst enemy.Because of my responsibility to them,I go on day by day.They aggravate me,they love me, they depend on me,they comfort me,they make me laugh,they let me cry on them,when I fall down,they get on top of me, and "help, I've fallen, and I can't get up!" They think they are helping my by licking my face(4 tongues!) Who could ask for more :D?
That's really sweet Lynn! I love your quote attachment too. I think I'll head over to your profile and check out those four dogs of yours!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
@KristaBO26...

I'm very sorry about your diagnosis, Krista, and hope all is
controlled soon. I have severe scarring in my fallopian tubes
and a sister had severe problems & even a dangerous etopic
pregnancy that almost ruptured before being found.

Your love for Bentley & his care of you is sweet and precious.
Thank you for sharing your lovely tribute, also...welcome here!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
[MENTION=13235]Cali Doll[/MENTION]...

Fabulous list of Bella's attributes & special ways.

Like y'all, it's just me & Cami to go thru life. Don't
want to think how much harder & lonelier it would
be without her sweet love, I'm ill & home most of
the time, she's my biggest blessing!

Thank you for sharing this touching list.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.