Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Last Tuesday I gave Bella Bravecto for fleas and ticks. She threw up bile (I'm assuming--it was yellow and mucous-like) that night and again the next morning. As I understand it, this is normal after a dose of Bravecto. After that morning vomit, Bella was fine for a week.

Then, yesterday morning Bella threw up more bile and again this morning.

I had the vet look at her today. I told the vet that I feed her breakfast in the a.m. and then dinner around 5PM or 6PM. I asked her if I should feed Bella lunch, too. The vet said that a lack of lunch shouldn't cause this. She thinks that, after her dinner meal, Bella is going too long without food. She wants me to feed her a treat (she suggested Milk Bone) right before bed. That'll keep her from vomiting bile every morning.

The vet said that I should give her Pepcid if the before-bed treat doesn't work.

Agree? Is Milk Bone the best treat or should I try something else?

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I would skip the milk bone. a lot of members here give rice cakes before bed. It is common for a bully to vomit bile because of an empty stomach. If I do not feed Brutus by 10 am he will vomit bile.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I have to give mine a 10 PM treat or Wellie will also vomit bile.

What I do is, give them 3/4 of a cup of their food at dinner, then the other 1/4 at 10 PM.
[MENTION=13235]Cali Doll[/MENTION] mine are also on Bravecto. First time I gave it to Blue, he vomited as well. Seems to be a common side effect.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
No milk bone. Like Rosalie said, try a plain jane rice cake, or a super small portion of her reg. food.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster gets like this too and we have to give him a rice cake before bed, he loves it! It will stop almost instantly too.

This is the only website that you can come on and see a title for a thread like this lol a truly unique website we have here :D:D

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I love you guys! I always know that I should come here to confirm what the vet says. :D I think I'll go with rice cakes. Bella will love this!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I love you guys! I always know that I should come here to confirm what the vet says. :D I think I'll go with rice cakes. Bella will love this!

It's hilarious to hear them crunch on it, LOL I give it to Tyson in pieces I break off, because he likes to inhale things! But he loves it, he'll drool when I take one out. Hah! Just make sure you get the plain ones, no flavor, no nothing.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Buster gets like this too and we have to give him a rice cake before bed, he loves it! It will stop almost instantly too.

This is the only website that you can come on and see a title for a thread like this lol a truly unique website we have here :D:D
This and :poo: consistencies!! :cool:

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Almost all of the rice cakes have salt! The only plain, salt-free version is the wheat kind. That's OK, right?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Almost all of the rice cakes have salt! The only plain, salt-free version is the wheat kind. That's OK, right?

how is she doing today?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I gave her half the wheat rice cake last night at 10:30PM, and she didn't throw up this morning. She's her normal crazy, sweet self today. :) Thank you!

Awesome, we get the low sodium ones but if you found sodium free that's fantastic, good to hear she was normal this morning! :up::up:

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Last night was the 2nd rice cake night. She vomited bile again this morning. I'm thinking I'm going to split up her dinner (as someone suggested) and give her a quarter of that before bed. I'm thinking she might need more substance than half a rice cake.

I'm curious, are you guys feeding a full or half rice cake before dinner?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Last night was the 2nd rice cake night. She vomited bile again this morning. I'm thinking I'm going to split up her dinner (as someone suggested) and give her a quarter of that before bed. I'm thinking she might need more substance than half a rice cake.

I'm curious, are you guys feeding a full or half rice cake before dinner?

I think they all do full rice cake

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.