not even sure what the title should be

betterxthanxnew

Apr 21, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA.
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Effie (EB), Oliver (FB) & Annabel (FB)
I am so sorry :( I felt this way for days after Effie fractured her growth plate. I just knew that somehow it was my fault. It's hard not to feel that way. But, please don't beat yourself up! I can let you know that Effie is on Ace right now. She's been on 2 doses of it daily for the last 3 weeks. I absolutely hated the idea of having to sedate her (she's 6 months old). But, in all honestly, even the Ace is not keeping her calm. She has to be crated 90% of the time until she heals, because even on the Ace- she wants to run around and play. Now, that could just be because she's so young. You may have a different experience. Our vet had us start on the lowest dosage possible and then work our way up based on her reaction. We're at the highest dosage prescribed right now, and Effie would still rather play than sleep. If your bully has already had the respiratory surgeries I really wouldn't be too concerned. It won't be as bad as you think. And just keep reminding yourself that it's not permanent, and that you're doing what you have to do to keep your baby calm.
Again, I am so sorry. Good luck to both you and your puppy. Hopefully 3rd time is a charm!

OP
bengardradar

bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
I am so sorry :( I felt this way for days after Effie fractured her growth plate. I just knew that somehow it was my fault. It's hard not to feel that way. But, please don't beat yourself up! I can let you know that Effie is on Ace right now. She's been on 2 doses of it daily for the last 3 weeks. I absolutely hated the idea of having to sedate her (she's 6 months old). But, in all honestly, even the Ace is not keeping her calm. She has to be crated 90% of the time until she heals, because even on the Ace- she wants to run around and play. Now, that could just be because she's so young. You may have a different experience. Our vet had us start on the lowest dosage possible and then work our way up based on her reaction. We're at the highest dosage prescribed right now, and Effie would still rather play than sleep. If your bully has already had the respiratory surgeries I really wouldn't be too concerned. It won't be as bad as you think. And just keep reminding yourself that it's not permanent, and that you're doing what you have to do to keep your baby calm.
Again, I am so sorry. Good luck to both you and your puppy. Hopefully 3rd time is a charm!

This makes me feel a little bit better about using ACE Radar is lazy, I have been giving it to him and for a few days and we seem to be good at a little less then the lowest dose.

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
Dont ever think your a terrible Mom, your doing everything possible for Radar. Sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers that this time it works and Radar heals perfectly!!

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
You are a Wonderful Mom, caring and loving your Bully Baby. I Pray all goes Wonderful with your Sweetness Radar.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Just checking in on you and on Radar. How are you both doing? [MENTION=10290]bengardradar[/MENTION]

OP
bengardradar

bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
Just checking in on you and on Radar. How are you both doing? @bengardradar

Radar is having surgery again today -- they had to get that screw out of there. I am at work trying to stay busy to keep my mind off of him going under again. I like IVRC cause the tech calls when the process starts and then the surgeon calls when done so I only have to be truly freaked out for a shorter time frame then not knowing when it will happen and be worried till I hear from someone. My husband and I have been calling and researching knee braces for him since yesterday morning and I think we have found 2 good options waiting to talk to doc after surgery for his thoughts on all the information that I faxed him this morning, so hopefully he will be on board and we can get the cast made to send in to get the process started. We are both stressed, worried and doing the best we can, we try not to beat ourselves up but its hard

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Radar is having surgery again today -- they had to get that screw out of there. I am at work trying to stay busy to keep my mind off of him going under again. I like IVRC cause the tech calls when the process starts and then the surgeon calls when done so I only have to be truly freaked out for a shorter time frame then not knowing when it will happen and be worried till I hear from someone. My husband and I have been calling and researching knee braces for him since yesterday morning and I think we have found 2 good options waiting to talk to doc after surgery for his thoughts on all the information that I faxed him this morning, so hopefully he will be on board and we can get the cast made to send in to get the process started. We are both stressed, worried and doing the best we can, we try not to beat ourselves up but its hard

I am praying for a smooth surgery! May this be it, the last one, and may he heal 100% - come on Radar we're all pulling for you!

OP
bengardradar

bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
Radar is out of surgery they redid his screws and plate and also did the other acl procedure -- we are going to order a brace for him. Doc made me feel so much better, assuring me that it was just Sh*t A** luck that we are going through this. I am going to leave him at the clinic for a few days so he they can monitor him and he can get 24/7 care

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That's really good to hear, he needs to stay calm. Praying that it all works out for everyone.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Radar is out of surgery they redid his screws and plate and also did the other acl procedure -- we are going to order a brace for him. Doc made me feel so much better, assuring me that it was just Sh*t A** luck that we are going through this. I am going to leave him at the clinic for a few days so he they can monitor him and he can get 24/7 care

so good to hear it went well and the vet helped you feel a little better! keep us posted and we will all keep praying

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter

great news.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella

Good! Come on, Radar, rest up buddy.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Great news and please, don't beat yourself up, Honey!
Life can lower the boom on any one at any time and
none of us deserve it...really...we all can relate to this
feeling of guilt. Continued prayers for Radar & y'all.
Huge thanks for your update (I'm so relieved).

mybrindlegirl

May 30, 2015
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Püppy
I'm so sorry your little Radar and you have to go through this. It's great news the surgery went so well:up: I'm so glad to read this! Please don't blame yourself for anything. There are circumstances you just can't have any influence on like for example the structure of a bone or the angle of a screw. You are doing the very best for your sweet baby! And I'm sure the surgeon tried his very best, too! I'm sending positive thoughts for your little bullyboy and his recovery :hug:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.