Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 27

Thread: Winslow's day at the vet

  1. #1
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member jenzaar's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    961
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winslow
    Likes (Received)
    431

    Default Winslow's day at the vet

    He went from lazy to lethargic, to basically arthritic in a matter of days. At first we figured it was a sour tummy due to his mom (ever loving, yet forgetful i am) missing the store when we ran out of his food, and making his meals on Friday.
    But he just got more lazy, to a point where walking up or down stairs was a huge struggle for him. Last night he felt warm, and started limping when he did try to walk.
    I spoke with a vet tech and she said i could bring him in, but that it could probably wait until morning. Well morning came and he would not get up! I would not wait 3 hours for him to be seen, so instead I picked him up to standing, got him in the car and took him for an emergency visit (which they said i could do, and which the receptionist later said i was right to do when i told her what an idiot i thought i was being!).

    2.5 hours later it was determined that he had a fever and should have some bloodwork done - pancreatitis was the main concern, she didn't suspect it but wanted to rule it out entirely. I left him there (god was that hard for me), while they gave him some meds and fluids.

    Thankfully his results came back fine - only thing is his white cell count was a little high. They sent me home with carafate and metronidazole.

    I guess what it came down to was flu-like symptoms. Funny that i can anthropomorphize just about anything, yet i never put fever and achy muscles/joints together! The stories that i DID put together.... I was ready for surgeries and doggy wheel chairs, and worse.

    He's okay now - still feels a little warm and is definitely still kind of weak. His breathing is a little shallow but for now i will chalk that up to the busy day he's had, and let him rest.

    He wants me, and i won't say it doesn't warm my heart a little.


  2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  3. #2
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    TyTysmom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    5,501
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)
    6184

    Default Re: Winslow's day at the vet

    Oh poor Winslow baby. I am so happy you got him to the vet and got him some meds. And also that it wasn't anything serious. Tyson is just now recouping from a bad spell of food poisoning (what we suspect) since he was eating raw and they had a recall right at the time he fell sick.

    Cuddle that baby, love on him, he just wants his momma. I am praying those meds make him feel better soon, please keep us posted. PS they also checked Tyson for pancreatitis, and he's on metronidazole now too.

    My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

  4. #3
    Bulldog Vet in Training Christie H's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Centerton, Arkansas, United States
    Posts
    1,080
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
    Likes (Received)
    554

    Default Re: Winslow's day at the vet

    Poor baby.. Prayers for him

  5. #4
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member jenzaar's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    961
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winslow
    Likes (Received)
    431

    Default Re: Winslow's day at the vet

    Oh my goodness @TyTysmom ! How awful. What were his symptoms? I feel like i started to read a thread about that? Poor Ty, i hope he recovers from that soon.

    And yes he's getting whatever love he wants to take. Not all of it haha, but he seems to want to at least be near me. He's been restless so I'm trying not to make it worse in case he's about to settle.

    Thank you @Christie H. I think he'll be fine.

  6. #5
    Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    harveyspecter's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Yorba Linda (The OC), California
    Posts
    4,890
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    3552

    Default Re: Winslow's day at the vet

    oh poor winslow is under the weather. Get well soon.
    Hug your bully today

  7. #6
    BullyWood Movie Star I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Biogirl71's Avatar
    Real Name
    Erin
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    3,615
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)
    1018

    Default Re: Winslow's day at the vet

    Good job for getting him in quickly! I hope Winslow has a speedy recovery and is back to his old self soon!
    Happiness is a warm bulldog!

  8. #7
    Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    brutus77's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    6,958
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)
    2786

    Default Re: Winslow's day at the vet

    Feel better buddy
    My smooshy face boy!

  9. #8
    Drool Catcher Kevikell's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kelly
    Country
    us
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    241
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
    Likes (Received)
    121

    Default Re: Winslow's day at the vet

    Quote Originally Posted by jenzaar View Post
    He went from lazy to lethargic, to basically arthritic in a matter of days. At first we figured it was a sour tummy due to his mom (ever loving, yet forgetful i am) missing the store when we ran out of his food, and making his meals on Friday.
    But he just got more lazy, to a point where walking up or down stairs was a huge struggle for him. Last night he felt warm, and started limping when he did try to walk.
    I spoke with a vet tech and she said i could bring him in, but that it could probably wait until morning. Well morning came and he would not get up! I would not wait 3 hours for him to be seen, so instead I picked him up to standing, got him in the car and took him for an emergency visit (which they said i could do, and which the receptionist later said i was right to do when i told her what an idiot i thought i was being!).

    2.5 hours later it was determined that he had a fever and should have some bloodwork done - pancreatitis was the main concern, she didn't suspect it but wanted to rule it out entirely. I left him there (god was that hard for me), while they gave him some meds and fluids.

    Thankfully his results came back fine - only thing is his white cell count was a little high. They sent me home with carafate and metronidazole.

    I guess what it came down to was flu-like symptoms. Funny that i can anthropomorphize just about anything, yet i never put fever and achy muscles/joints together! The stories that i DID put together.... I was ready for surgeries and doggy wheel chairs, and worse.

    He's okay now - still feels a little warm and is definitely still kind of weak. His breathing is a little shallow but for now i will chalk that up to the busy day he's had, and let him rest.

    He wants me, and i won't say it doesn't warm my heart a little.

    Such a handsome boy! I'm sure you won't have any trouble lovin on him! Sorry he's not feeling well but glad to hear that surgeries and wheelchairs are not needed!
    Happiness is looking at your dogs face...and forgetting all your problems

  10. #9
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member jenzaar's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    961
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winslow
    Likes (Received)
    431

    Default Re: Winslow's day at the vet

    Quote Originally Posted by Biogirl71 View Post
    Good job for getting him in quickly! I hope Winslow has a speedy recovery and is back to his old self soon!
    Thanks so much!

    Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    Feel better buddy
    Thank you he's getting there

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevikell View Post
    Such a handsome boy! I'm sure you won't have any trouble lovin on him! Sorry he's not feeling well but glad to hear that surgeries and wheelchairs are not needed!
    Haha yes I'm happy for that too.
    And poor boy just can't escape my smooshing hands and baby talk sometimes, but he secretly enjoys it.

  11. Likes TyTysmom, Biogirl71 liked this post
  12. #10
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    TyTysmom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    5,501
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)
    6184

    Default Winslow's day at the vet

    Quote Originally Posted by jenzaar View Post
    Oh my goodness @TyTysmom ! How awful. What were his symptoms? I feel like i started to read a thread about that? Poor Ty, i hope he recovers from that soon.

    And yes he's getting whatever love he wants to take. Not all of it haha, but he seems to want to at least be near me. He's been restless so I'm trying not to make it worse in case he's about to settle.

    Thank you @Christie H. I think he'll be fine.
    Yeah me too. He's much better but still has bad diarrhea

    His symptoms from the food where severe vomiting. A lot of vomit & projectile at times. It was full of bile after all the food was up. I now have 2 massive bright yellow bile stains on center of living room. And just for the forum record - those are not removable. Oh well, area rug is next purchase. Lol

    Is he feeling any better? I know it's only been a few hours but just checking!

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

  13. #11
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member jenzaar's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    961
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winslow
    Likes (Received)
    431

    Default Re: Winslow's day at the vet

    Ohhh man that sucks
    If it's any consolation he left some bright diarrhea on our tan rug in the dining room haha. Right now I'm just pretending it's not there hHa.

    Actually he is feeling better! Last night he got up to greet my husband when he came home from work and he even grabbed his antler for a little bit too. So those were huge.
    This morning he's still a little slow and weak but he doesn't feel warm to me. Hey he's NOT scaring the crap out of me and is walking without much difficulty so yes, definitely improvement.

  14. Likes TyTysmom, 2BullyMama liked this post
  15. #12
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member jenzaar's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    961
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winslow
    Likes (Received)
    431

    Default Re: Winslow's day at the vet

    Oh i definitely made that sound like i never cleaned up his mess! Ew!!!
    No i meant I'm pretending the stain is not there.

  16. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •