Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
We all know that bullies are OCD. Well, Bella likes to lick skin, especially toes and feet. I never try to stop her because it seems harmless enough.

Well, we had company yesterday and she was going crazy over their toes, which they didn't really appreciate. :ashamed:

I don't want her licking the toes of everyone who comes into my house. :excited:

Skin licking, an all or nothing thing, huh? Is it possible to train them that it's Ok to lick me, but not others? Lol

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Oh Bella! There's always something! Well you could tell people coming over to wear closed toe shoes. That's one obsession Winnie doesn't have unless I put lotion on after a bath, then she won't leave me alone. Seriously, I don't know. Explain to Bella that she has to wait until she knows people better before she licks their toes.
:fie: I would let her lick mine!

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Oh Bella! There's always something! Well you could tell people coming over to wear closed toe shoes. That's one obsession Winnie doesn't have unless I put lotion on after a bath, then she won't leave me alone. Seriously, I don't know. Explain to Bella that she has to wait until she knows people better before she licks their toes.
:fie: I would let her lick mine!

Hehe, I will talk with her right now. :yes:

LarrysMom

Jul 12, 2015
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Larry
Larry does this with everyone. I do try to occupy him with a toy, but if you're wearing lotion he won't give up!

rayneman

Feb 23, 2015
Rocky River, Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Wow, this sounds like our Lucy. She's a licker indeed and goes to town on feet and toes, including what we call "drive-by" licks where she will be cruising around and get a quick lick in as she goes by. It was kind of weird at the beginning but I guess we're used to it. Now that I think about it, I don't think she does this to guests.
910C5707-3F3F-466E-9B84-21F4B0B889AB_zpsebkfr6zj.jpg
SLURP!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:rofl: she has a foot fetish .... sorry, could not resist!

Yes, you can teach her to not group the visitors/guest.... you can tether her to you, redirect with a treat or toy or use a water bottle to correct the behavior. It is a tough train, but can be done -- we are struggling with this with Cheli right now... I do not mind the occasional lick on my calves after a shower, but Cheli is currently infatuated with Lewis' father's leg and he just won't listen.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
OR you can get new friends. hee hee, who doesn't like bulldog kisses?!? <---- that was just a joke. Oh Bella, you can lick my toes & feet all you want.

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
But mommyyyyyyy! I like footsies! image.jpg

Most Reactions