Throwing up..... Need advice!

lmmorgan726

Sep 15, 2014
Country
en_US
Bulldog(s) Names
Levi
So since Monday morning when I go get Levi out if his crate he has thrown up.... Mostly liquid... Kind of like bile. This morning, he had done it 3 times in his crate. Now.... He has thrown up his dinner twice. He's acting pitiful now. And his insides feel like they are quivering. Last night he was fine... Playing with Lexi... Tonight he just has a pitiful face. He is on Fromms... The Five Star.... Maybe a new flavor is the only difference....

Any ideas? Can I give him Zofran??
6bb1106d307482a9bda9dcdfd0b4a743.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
I would take him to the vet right away :( hope he feels better soon

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
So since Monday morning when I go get Levi out if his crate he has thrown up.... Mostly liquid... Kind of like bile. This morning, he had done it 3 times in his crate. Now.... He has thrown up his dinner twice. He's acting pitiful now. And his insides feel like they are quivering. Last night he was fine... Playing with Lexi... Tonight he just has a pitiful face. He is on Fromms... The Five Star.... Maybe a new flavor is the only difference....

Any ideas? Can I give him Zofran??
6bb1106d307482a9bda9dcdfd0b4a743.jpg

You need to get him to a vet. That much vomiting could leave him dehydrated - which is dangerous. My vet advised that after 3 vomits they need to be seen ASAP they will likely run tests & get him some cerenia. They need to check for pancreatitis, possible obstruction, or GI bacterial issues - do you have a 24 hr clinic near you? Esp since you said he's acting lethargic - that is sign that he needs to be seen as soon as possible. Bile is one thing, but if his dinner is coming up now too, that's more urgent.

OP
L

lmmorgan726

Sep 15, 2014
Country
en_US
Bulldog(s) Names
Levi
I do..... Waiting on my husband to get in

OP
L

lmmorgan726

Sep 15, 2014
Country
en_US
Bulldog(s) Names
Levi
I called the ER vet.... He said to take his food and water up which the food already was but anyway and to watch him. If he throws up again we will go on in. Right now he's laying in my bed sleeping and snoring away. If we don't go in tonight we definitely will see his doctor in the morning. Thanks ya'll...... I'll keep you posted.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I hope it's nothing serious with Levi, but totally agree that after almost a week of vomiting he needs to see a vet.
Could he have possibly swallowed something your not aware of? Whenever Dozer swallowed a sweat sock, which he has on 4 occasions, the first sign he gets is vomiting or diarrhea. I hope he feels better soon. Please keep us posted on what the vet says.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I called the ER vet.... He said to take his food and water up which the food already was but anyway and to watch him. If he throws up again we will go on in. Right now he's laying in my bed sleeping and snoring away. If we don't go in tonight we definitely will see his doctor in the morning. Thanks ya'll...... I'll keep you posted.

How is Levi doing?

OP
L

lmmorgan726

Sep 15, 2014
Country
en_US
Bulldog(s) Names
Levi
He is fine!!! NO vomit since Saturday night!!! Weird!!! I have no clue what was going on with him!!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
If it starts again, please take him right in.
He could have an obstruction from swallowing
a toy, sock, etc. Or, a virus...let us know and
sending loving hugs to y'all.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He is fine!!! NO vomit since Saturday night!!! Weird!!! I have no clue what was going on with him!!!

Awesome.... keep close eye on him and keep us posted --- great he is doing better

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"

Thanks for the update so glad he's feeling better. Just like Carol mentioned if it starts up again for any reason, my gut will go to obstruction, so def. seek out xrays. However I hope this was just a quick bug and that baby is just fine now :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online