Name for new boy Bully?

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
I am terrible with names. I am probably going to be getting a 7 month old male Bully this afternoon. He hadn't really been named by the people who have had him (long story), but they referred to him as "Lefty" because his left ear is brown. I'm thinking he may be familiar with that name, so I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion of something similar? Or do you think it would be okay to name him something totally different? Any name suggestions will be considered. I'm posting two pics of him.

Lefty 1.jpgLefty 2.jpg

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Right now, my favorite boy bully name is Wyatt. I also like the name Rumble, which is the name of one of Bella's Mastiff boyfriends. Feel free to use either, if you like. :D

He sure is a cutie pie!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG --- what a sweet little man!! You can change the name, he will acknowledge it in no time.

We always go with sport figures... last names of favorite players. But, when I look at hi, I do not know why, but Sam came to mind

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I would say name him anything you want--doesn't have to be similar. Our rescue dog was named Bentley-Rex at the shelter and we renamed him Jack. It took him no time at all to get used to his new name. If I was getting a male bully, I would name him either Louis (pronounced Louie) or Gus. Love both of those names. How great that you're getting a brother for Tucker! And another therapy dog?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I like the name Lefty, it seems to fit, and it reminds me of a Willie Nelson song! hat.png:yes:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I like the name Watson. Lisa mentioned something about one of her pups and his name is Watson, and it has stuck with me. So my vote is Watson!

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Scottish name? Angus.
I like the classics
Albert - Henry - gus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh man what a cutey! I love the name Angus and it fits him well!

OP
Mom of Tucker

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I like the name Lefty, it seems to fit, and it reminds me of a Willie Nelson song! View attachment 88878:yes:

If we are talking Willie's songs, I think Poncho would be cute ;)

Thank you all for the great suggestions. I will have to see what his personality is like first and see which one might fit him best. I am glad you are all in agreement that I can completely change his name. Thanks for your support. I love this site!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree you can change his name, he's still young. What a cutie. So exciting to. E getting another Bully. I hope tucker and him get along. Thank You for rescuing him, he's a lucky guy.

Make de names I liked when I got my bully are:

Apollo, Tonka, Tank, Diesel, Elvis, Bogart (Bogey), Zeus, Titan, Jagger, Mick, Quinn, Loki, T-Bone, Meatball, Hoagy, Dexter, Rocky, Rambo, Harley, or Hercules.

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I have a running list of names in my phone for when I *someday* get frank a brother. I will share that with you!

Carl
Lenny
Louis
Floyd
Fat Mac
Feldman
Larry
Norm
Hal
Earl

OP
Mom of Tucker

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
So, Tucker and I met "Lefty" in a neutral setting. We actually had to drive an hour to meet halfway. There was a rest stop with a small fenced area where we were able to let them loose and play together. They did well together. I stepped away and let them play, under the watchful eye of the husband and wife who brought Lefty. When I went back into the fenced area, Lefty must have just noticed me for the first time. I was wearing sandals, and he started nipping at my feet. I laughed and tried to move away while telling him no. He was very peri stent and I began stumbling over him, almost losing my balance. I then sat on the bench, thinking he would settle down, but then he began to gnaw on my arm and hand. The lady reconnected his leash to the harness to try to regain control of him. As I was unlatching the gate, he slipped out of the harness and came full force at me, to the point I came out of my shoes, but was able to get to the other side of the gate. Once I was there, he began to jump as high as he could at me standing on the other side of the 3-4 foot fence.
Obviously at that point, we were all in agreement that this was not going to work. While Lefty had been trying to get at me, Tucker never growled, but he did kind of jump up and try to bite at Lefty on the head. I am just baffled, as I was never scared the of Lefty, and I have never had a dog react like that toward me. Any thoughts??

Perhaps that was a sign that Tucker is ok being the only child?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Was he acting mean, or just wild? Sounds like he just doesn't have any manners.

OP
Mom of Tucker

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I don't think he was acting mean because he was not growling and was just kind of gnawing with his front teeth. He was just very persistent and I didn't feel comfortable taking him.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.