Top 10 most least obedient dog breeds.

mb190e

Feb 24, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
What say it isn't so. My Bruno sometimes fakes a sore leg and limps so he doesn't have to move. Haha

image.jpg

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
At least they acknowledged the fact that they are intelligent....some of these lists say that they're just too dumd, which they definedly are not.

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
OMG did they come in 4th WOW. I love the wording so very very true, they have to be super smart they seem to get their own way, and own their owners 100% :D

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
To those people who think they're dumb, they've obviously never seen how fast a bulldog will do a trick for food (or a toy). It's when your hands are empty that they're slow. And that's only because
they're smart enough to realize they won't get anything out of it.

This is not a breed that cares about pleasing us.. but oh man, do we care about pleasing them.
So who has who trained??? :whistle:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Lol so true, they know just how to get what they want from us, and are definitely food and treat motivated when they want something, and will ignore you the rest of the time. They are too cute and loving to be Dumb.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
You're so right. For example, my Usko doesn't like to get his paws vet. On a rainy weather we go for our morning walks on our own yard (without a leash) and I keep calling for him....he looks at me straight in the eye, turns around, goes to sit on stairs....I think that is a clear sign of higher intelligence...He loves to tricks though and is very easily tought...

To those people who think they're dumb, they've obviously never seen how fast a bulldog will do a trick for food (or a toy). It's when your hands are empty that they're slow. And that's only because
they're smart enough to realize they won't get anything out of it.

This is not a breed that cares about pleasing us.. but oh man, do we care about pleasing them.
So who has who trained??? :whistle:

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I remember reading The Intelligence of Dogs when it came out years ago. Bulldogs were either last or next to last on the intelligence list. The author did say that the ratings were based on trainability. Of course, having a bulldog, I knew they were very smart, just stubborn. Anyway, there were some tests in the book you could do with your dog to see how smart they were so my son did some. One was that you put a piece of cheese under a cloth and see how your dog solves the problem of getting the cheese. So Sam put some cheese under a bandana. Would Rosie pull the bandana off to get the cheese, or would she give up and walk away?? Well, she rushed up and started scarfing down the whole bandana! Put an end to the test, but she got the cheese!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Yep that's exactly it. They find their own way to solve problems.

I once got Blue one of those treat puzzles. The ones where you put a treat inside and they're supposed to get it by moving the piece covering the treat with their muzzle. Well, he's a bulldog, he doesn't really have a muzzle. His way of solving it was to flip the entire thing over so all the treats fell out. Problem solved. I thought it was hysterical.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I love this! I want to share it on IG.

Bella is brilliant, but stubborn. lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I think that is right on point --- 'in their time' -- they are always deciding if what you are asking is worth their getting

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
omg...don't we all know this so well with our beloveds!

Last night I picked up a 6pc Steakfingers box @ Dairy Queen.
Not a usual for me (even got fries, lol) and chopped up 2 of them
and mixed w/Cami's green beans. Came back with my plate and
Cami was so delighted & excited (Wow, Mom...THAT was delicious!)
she did a 'lil dance for me, hopping from foot to foot & while turning
around & around, just melted my heart! She looks like a baby hippo
doing a ballet dance, hysterical.

I am thankful for my fat girl, she fills my days with love & laughter <3

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.