Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
There is a bulldog club about an hour and a half from me. I saw a post from them that they're having a "fun match dog show" I, of course, am going. My question is should I take Henry? It says for fun only and not to bring champion dog winners to the show. I'm not sure if it's appropriate to bring Henry to watch the show or to participate. I've never been to a dog show except to the county fair type that have the cutest, or most like your owner, or fattest, ect. I've watched on tv and love those. What do you all think? Henry is the sweetest dog ever and has no aggression so it would be safe to take him anywhere in public so that's not an issue. It's an open to anyone with an english bulldog only show. I always do this panic thing about things like this. Either I fear that it would have been fun if I would have brought him or it's a holy **** what was I thinking I don't belong here kind of thing. Anyone with anxiety understands this. My husband who has no anxiety does not. LOL This is why I'm asking my friends. :)

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
If it was me I would go, it would be a great social event for Henry. They would be no pressure I am sure to enter or stay if it is not for you, no harm in going and seeing and leave when you want. Only one way to find out! :D (we often go to a bulldog day here it runs once a year, but we get to meet others and it is great for Bazza, no dog show though, but I find most people with Bulldogs love meeting others and are like minded)

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
If it was me I would go, it would be a great social event for Henry. They would be no pressure I am sure to enter or stay if it is not for you, no harm in going and seeing and leave when you want. Only one way to find out! :D (we often go to a bulldog day here it runs once a year, but we get to meet others and it is great for Bazza, no dog show though, but I find most people with Bulldogs love meeting others and are like minded)

Thank you for your thoughts. That's what I was thinking too but I get nervous. It's this terrible anxiety indecisive thing that I have. I appreciate you helping me out.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree, you should go and enjoy yourself, you can always leave when you want. I'm sure Henry would love it.

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Thank you for your thoughts. That's what I was thinking too but I get nervous. It's this terrible anxiety indecisive thing that I have. I appreciate you helping me out.

Let me know if you take him and how it goes, yes anxiety is a terrible thing and no one understands unless they have experienced it, but I personally wouldn't want to go to a bulldog day without wanting with taking my Bully Bazza, and he is a great talking point !

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I go crazy when I see other Bulldogs. They're just so awesome! Henry is so funny too. He knows his kind and he's partial to them. We were the vets one time and he starts acting real weird, real happy and sniffing the door and when we went out there were two Bulldogs out there and it was like he just knew they were family. One was sweet and let him play, the other was kind of aggressive and we didn't let him play with that one. His owner was odd too and I got the impression he made him as aggressive as possible on purpose.
Anyway, I've decided to go and take Henry with me. I love you guys! You're the best. I will let you know how it goes. It's on the 25th.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=10908]Roseann[/MENTION] I see you have already made your decision to go!Good for you. I,too have terrible anxiety,which my husband could never understand,as he was the most social person-and usually had to drag me out! Now that I am alone,it is very hard for me. There is not much here-but they had a "bark in the park" last year,for any breed,and I got up the nerve to take Maude. They had some games,and a best dressed contest,etc. We did not participate,but just walked around and watched. It got very hot, so we couldn't stay too long. My girl really enjoyed it, because I know they get bored always being at home. You will enjoy,even if you don't enter and Henry will too!

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You guys are the best. I love this group and I love you all. I do know that this will be an inside event. I know Henry will have fun and I know I will too, once I get myself there. :) It's crazy sometimes that strangers can understand someone so well.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
YES take him and take lots and lots of pics! We want to see all of those bullies too! :yes:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Yes! as [MENTION=6717]dolphin[/MENTION] said, PICTURES! I live vicariously through the good time stories and photos, and vacations, on this site!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
yes, go... enjoy the day even if you just watch, but you better take pictures for us!!

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
There is a bulldog club about an hour and a half from me. I saw a post from them that they're having a "fun match dog show" I, of course, am going. My question is should I take Henry? It says for fun only and not to bring champion dog winners to the show. I'm not sure if it's appropriate to bring Henry to watch the show or to participate. I've never been to a dog show except to the county fair type that have the cutest, or most like your owner, or fattest, ect. I've watched on tv and love those. What do you all think? Henry is the sweetest dog ever and has no aggression so it would be safe to take him anywhere in public so that's not an issue. It's an open to anyone with an english bulldog only show. I always do this panic thing about things like this. Either I fear that it would have been fun if I would have brought him or it's a holy **** what was I thinking I don't belong here kind of thing. Anyone with anxiety understands this. My husband who has no anxiety does not. LOL This is why I'm asking my friends. :)

Where is this at?? I just saw there is going to be one in Norman Ok that I am debating to go to

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Where is this at?? I just saw there is going to be one in Norman Ok that I am debating to go to

Its at ward parkway mall on state line road, KC mo. When I get home I can give you the address. Where are you located? I'm south of Overland Park ks, about 45 miles. Are they doing the same kind of thing in Norman Ok?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.