Please help...potting in house after being gone

Christina Stevens

Nov 11, 2014
Last Thursday my family and I left for a small vacation. I had a friend come over and house/dog sit. We have 3 dogs a German short haired pointer, a lab and my baby Bentley who is the English bulldog. My husband got home late Sunday night to find out one of the dogs had pooped downstairs and peed as well. Which we aren't very happy about. My dogs don't do this in the house. I got home on Monday to find more pee spots my husbands didn't find. Still not knowing which dog it is. Well my Bentley, The EBD, has now pooped 3 times and peed right in front of me. He was totally house trained. When I see it, he puts his ears down as he knows it's wrong. I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?? I am so frustrated at this point. Bentley is 10 months old.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Me thinks that Bentley was very upset with you leaving. His normal schedule was probably also messed up.He is telling you that he was not happy with you leaving him like that! Try to get him back to his regular schedule=/start over as if he is a pup. Praise him when he goes outside and give him a treat. Someone else might have started it-but "monkey see,monkey do" so it has been said! I believe with patience, he will get back to normal.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I agree with Lynn 100% - I would not worry, nor would I punish her, I think she is showing you that she's upset you guys left. Bullies are very sensitive and don't like change. Tyson has done this as well to us when we left for a weekend or even just moved a piece of furniture. Just be patient, she'll be back to normal once she gets back into her normal routine.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Me thinks that Bentley was very upset with you leaving. His normal schedule was probably also messed up.He is telling you that he was not happy with you leaving him like that! Try to get him back to his regular schedule=/start over as if he is a pup. Praise him when he goes outside and give him a treat. Someone else might have started it-but "monkey see,monkey do" so it has been said! I believe with patience, he will get back to normal.

:goodpost:

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
The same thing happens with Henry and has for quite some time. He took a long time to potty train. And even when he was complete trained if his schedule got messed up he would pee in the house. Usually on a rug. When he goes through that I keep him crated when we're gone. He is a year and a half now and about 3 mints ago was his last accident. If I'm going to leave him out when I leave I keep him in the kitchen/dining room with baby gates up so he has lots of room but if there's an accident its in on linoleum and it's easy to clean up. He knows he's not supposed to pee and always looks sad. I dont get mad I just say "Henry what did you do" and he drops his ears and looks sad. It's kind of the cutest thing ever.

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Agreed Bulldogs seem to be very sensitive to change, and should not take long to get it back in order when he settled again. You have received great advice :D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
agree with the gang --- schedule and routine were unset and once he is settled back in, things will be fine

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
The same thing happens with Henry and has for quite some time. He took a long time to potty train. And even when he was complete trained if his schedule got messed up he would pee in the house. Usually on a rug. When he goes through that I keep him crated when we're gone. He is a year and a half now and about 3 mints ago was his last accident. If I'm going to leave him out when I leave I keep him in the kitchen/dining room with baby gates up so he has lots of room but if there's an accident its in on linoleum and it's easy to clean up. He knows he's not supposed to pee and always looks sad. I dont get mad I just say "Henry what did you do" and he drops his ears and looks sad. It's kind of the cutest thing ever.

Hey, if you're gonna' pee in the house, it is the law, that it HAS to be on a RUG!!!:rules:

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online