Thread: Please help...potting in house after being gone

Default Please help...potting in house after being gone

Last Thursday my family and I left for a small vacation. I had a friend come over and house/dog sit. We have 3 dogs a German short haired pointer, a lab and my baby Bentley who is the English bulldog. My husband got home late Sunday night to find out one of the dogs had pooped downstairs and peed as well. Which we aren't very happy about. My dogs don't do this in the house. I got home on Monday to find more pee spots my husbands didn't find. Still not knowing which dog it is. Well my Bentley, The EBD, has now pooped 3 times and peed right in front of me. He was totally house trained. When I see it, he puts his ears down as he knows it's wrong. I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?? I am so frustrated at this point. Bentley is 10 months old.
    Sir. Bentley Born 8/25/14

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Please help...potting in house after being gone

Me thinks that Bentley was very upset with you leaving. His normal schedule was probably also messed up.He is telling you that he was not happy with you leaving him like that! Try to get him back to his regular schedule=/start over as if he is a pup. Praise him when he goes outside and give him a treat. Someone else might have started it-but "monkey see,monkey do" so it has been said! I believe with patience, he will get back to normal.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

3. Likes TyTysmom, Donnam, Bazza, 2BullyMama liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

I agree with Lynn 100% - I would not worry, nor would I punish her, I think she is showing you that she's upset you guys left. Bullies are very sensitive and don't like change. Tyson has done this as well to us when we left for a weekend or even just moved a piece of furniture. Just be patient, she'll be back to normal once she gets back into her normal routine.

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

5. Likes dolphin, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    Me thinks that Bentley was very upset with you leaving. His normal schedule was probably also messed up.He is telling you that he was not happy with you leaving him like that! Try to get him back to his regular schedule=/start over as if he is a pup. Praise him when he goes outside and give him a treat. Someone else might have started it-but "monkey see,monkey do" so it has been said! I believe with patience, he will get back to normal.

7. Likes Manydogs liked this post
    Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

I agree with everyone above!
    My smooshy face boy!

9. Likes Manydogs liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
    Likes (Received)

The same thing happens with Henry and has for quite some time. He took a long time to potty train. And even when he was complete trained if his schedule got messed up he would pee in the house. Usually on a rug. When he goes through that I keep him crated when we're gone. He is a year and a half now and about 3 mints ago was his last accident. If I'm going to leave him out when I leave I keep him in the kitchen/dining room with baby gates up so he has lots of room but if there's an accident its in on linoleum and it's easy to clean up. He knows he's not supposed to pee and always looks sad. I dont get mad I just say "Henry what did you do" and he drops his ears and looks sad. It's kind of the cutest thing ever.

11. Likes Manydogs liked this post
    Real Name
    Andrea
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bazza
    Likes (Received)

Agreed Bulldogs seem to be very sensitive to change, and should not take long to get it back in order when he settled again. You have received great advice
    I have found that when you are deeply troubled, there are things you get from the devoted companionship of a dog that you can get from no other source

13. Likes Manydogs liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

agree with the gang --- schedule and routine were unset and once he is settled back in, things will be fine
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

15. Likes Manydogs liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Roseann View Post
    The same thing happens with Henry and has for quite some time. He took a long time to potty train. And even when he was complete trained if his schedule got messed up he would pee in the house. Usually on a rug. When he goes through that I keep him crated when we're gone. He is a year and a half now and about 3 mints ago was his last accident. If I'm going to leave him out when I leave I keep him in the kitchen/dining room with baby gates up so he has lots of room but if there's an accident its in on linoleum and it's easy to clean up. He knows he's not supposed to pee and always looks sad. I dont get mad I just say "Henry what did you do" and he drops his ears and looks sad. It's kind of the cutest thing ever.
    Hey, if you're gonna' pee in the house, it is the law, that it HAS to be on a RUG!!!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

17. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post

Remove Ads